Weapons Manuals 25 pounder field gun QF

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Resurgam, Sep 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A dear old boy I know, a retired General in the Jordanian Artillery, is keen to get hold of a 25pdr manual and firing tables.

Does anyone know where I could find some? pdf would do as I think it is purely for his own enjoyment rather than a book collection as it were.

Great old chap and a dead spit for an older Omar Sharif.

Any info gratefully received.

Cheers Resurgam

2. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

3. Thanks I will send him there. He is specifically after stuff on the old 25pdr. I think he trained on them at Larkhill whilst a young subaltern

4. davidflies

davidflies War Hero Book Reviewer

www.mlrsbook.co.uk - we have the early and late wartime manuals available on CD or for download.

5. Petardier's love of the 25 pounder approaches, nay exceeds, that of the average ARRSER's affection for the SLR.

He could probably recite the manual in the same way that the product of a Madrassa can do the Koran.

Until he turns up this will have to do

Paging Petardier.....

Paging Petardier.

6. Firepower hold this sort of thing and for a charge will make copies. Some TA units still have 25pdr for saluting purposes, they might have spare copies

7. good thoughts feu-de-joie.

I shall try both tracks.

Resurgam

8. Thank you very much Chippymick.

I will try and track down Petardier.

9. Another possibility might be Firepower at Woolwich. I think they have the RA Institution library too and certainly there are several 25s on show

10. For some extra-ordinary reason I cannot find the url www.mlrsbook.co.uk anywhere.

Are you down at the moment?

11. That is a great start. What I need next is the maintenance manual with the daigrams and pictures of the parts.

I am beginning to think old Bahjat is trying to build one!