Weapons Handling

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Swindonman, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright All,

Just back from RT1 this weekend and we had a bit of crap time frankly - mainly to do with our weapons instructor being called away every 5 mins meaning that compared to others our class felt that we didnt get the chance to be properly taught the basic drills and the dismantly and putting together again of our weapon. I have mentioned this on my way back to my company corporal who is absolutely spot on , sympathised with us and promised the next 2 Tuesdays he will get us 'shit hot' on it all. Im the kind of person that likes to take it in by reading whats needed so when I get hands on I am at least certain of the order of everything. Is there any documents on here which gives the step by step idiots guide to dismantling the A2 rifle , Weapons checks and basic drills ?? I know its not rocket science but we have our test on RT2 and I wouldnt mind spending some time at home at least familarising myself with the order of everything

Cheers in advance
  2. You shouldn't have problems on your weapon handling tests if you just do exactly what you've been taught and use your head. You should get quite a bit of revision on RT2, as the procedures you learn on RT1 are essential for progression to the next phase of your learning, and form a part of what you'll learn next. Just remember not to do anything stupid, relax and take your time (except in the loading of the magazine). Stupid things make people fail; remember to forward assist whenever you cock the weapon or ease springs, always close pouches, perform NSPs before handing over a weapon or taking it apart blah blah blah.......
  3. reading the pamphlet (if you can get hold of an amended one) is no substitute for hands on practice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.