Weapon Question ( Change lever )

How many times would you check the change lever if you were to carry out the following,

• NSPs
• Load
• Ready/Range
• Make Safe
• Unload
• Function test

Any Idea,s

Discipline said:
How many times would you check the change lever if you were to carry out the following,

• NSPs
• Load
• Ready/Range
• Make Safe
• Unload
• Function test

Any Idea,s
• NSPs = Once
• Load = Not checked on the load
• Ready/Range = Once
• Make Safe = Not checked on the unload
• Unload = As above
• Function test = Twice if you count putting on and taking off

Not quite sure your right there any more takers

Why check three times???? Once when placed on A and once when returned to R????? Cant imagine why you would require to check a third time unless you check before you test the rifle in R??????

1- Cock the weapon, safety to S attempt to fire, should not fire
2- set change lever to R , (which it should be on anyway, so that could be the difference, but its still a check) safety to fire, operate trigger, then its change lever to A and R

NSPs = Once
• Ready/Range = Once
• Unload = As above
• Function test = 3 times

In that case,

How many times would you change and or check the change lever if you were to carry out the following,

As far as im aware the function test now starts...

Check Safety Catch on 'S'
Check Change Lever on 'R'
C ock the Weapon.

It changed mid Feb to this version at the start of Function test. As far as I am aware the rest remains the same.

For me the change lever only changes position twice on the Function Test. Once to go to 'A' then once back to 'R'.

As stated above check

Pamphlet No. 5
The SA80 A2 (5.56 mm) System
(Rifle, Light Support Weapon
and Carbine) and Associated
Equipment

If your not sure.

NSPs = Once
Load = Not checked
Ready/Range = Once
Make Safe = Not checked
Unload = Not checked
Function test = Twice

Carlos_Hathcock_II said:
NSPs = Once
• Ready/Range = Once
• Unload = As above
• Function test = 3 times
This is 100% correct as per the pamphlet :D

Me!_Amph!! said:
As far as im aware the function test now starts...

Check Safety Catch on 'S'
Check Change Lever on 'R'
C ock the Weapon.

It changed mid Feb to this version at the start of Function test. As far as I am aware the rest remains the same.

For me the change lever only changes position twice on the Function Test. Once to go to 'A' then once back to 'R'.

As stated above check

Pamphlet No. 5
The SA80 A2 (5.56 mm) System
(Rifle, Light Support Weapon
and Carbine) and Associated
Equipment

If your not sure.
Yoa are correct on this but the Pam states that it must be set to R then safty catch to F on the first trigger operation (after having tested the safty catch). Then set to A then back to R when you finish the funtion check. Nitpicking I know but as per the pamphlet you would physically touch the change lever on 3 occasions. :D

Still need to up date my electronic copy of the Eletronic Battle Box now the new version for 07 - 08 has been released.

But your right the Pam 5, 2004, Rifle Lesson 3 does state:

Function Test

Explain and demonstrate, the squad imitating: After stripping and assembling,the following test should be carried out to ensure the weapon is functioning correctly:

a. Cock the rifle, put the safety catch to ‘S’, attempt to fire the rifle. It should not fire.

b. Set the change lever to ‘R’ and the safety catch to ‘F’, operate the trigger, firing the action. Whilst holding the trigger back, cock the rifle and release the trigger. The hammer should be felt/heard engaging the main sear. Operate the trigger, the rifle should fire.

c. Set the change lever to ‘A’ and the safety catch to ‘F’. Cock the rifle. The
hammer should be held to the rear. Operate the trigger, the rifle should fire. Whilst holding the trigger back, cock the rifle. As the bolt moves forward the hammer should fall to strike the firing pin. Release the trigger. Set the safety catch to ‘S’ and the change lever to ‘R’. Close the ejection opening cover.

Straight from the Pam, no arguing there.

Stop cocking your weapon 3 times when you’re checking for the hammer striking on auto?

Discipline said:
Straight from the Pam, no arguing there.

Stop cocking your weapon 3 times when you’re checking for the hammer striking on auto?
Only needs to be done once :D

JockFlub you are correct this has now been taken out of the Pam