Weapon mountable torch

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by GLIDER, Apr 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this is in the wrong area.

Im looking for a decent torch for urban ops that fits onto the SA80, im after something that gives good illumination and isnt really too bulky. Must have a decent price aswell. Anybody know of anything that might fit that description.

Thanks in advance
  2. If you need a torch on your gat you'll be issued with an LLM, anything else in my opinion would just make you look chippy s ****
  3. LLM's are bright as fcuk , quality piece of kit
  4. carrots help you see in the dark too and can be used to CQB after they have hardened for a bit
  5. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Mini maglite + duct tape
  6. I remember through my training having to tape a maglite to the handguard. It worked well then but I have no current need for a LLM and haven't been issued with one on ops. However do they get issued for routine training? I only ask because I imagine plenty of people using LLM on PDT and ops but coming back and having to take a retrograde step for a normal training year.

Edited to make it clear that this was a mini-maglite ratther than some thousand cell monster!
  7. You used to be able to get a figure of 8 adaptor for mini maglite to barrel.
    Think it was soldier of fortune that sold it????

With all these new torches on the market the issue maglite was always handy with a bit of black n nasty :? no need to buy one when you got it issued.