Weapon Handling Tests

Discussion in 'ACF' started by clanker, Sep 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My fellow ACF colleagues a question regarding WHT, how does your county administer this?
    Do you have WHT Assessors or do your WHT passed CFAV test other adults.
    I ask this as in my county, only WHT assessors can test other adults for there WHT`s, the assessors then have to be assessed as to there ability to be an assessor.
    Its all rather long winded and i am sure its just happening in my county.
    I would appreciate the feedback as to how you test your adults.
  2. Surely the only adults that can assess the adults are SAA instructors in the cadet training team?
  3. I thought all that assessors bollox had been kicked into the long grass.

I was told at the end of my SAAI at Frimley that I could conduct WHTs for cadets and CFAVs. None of this 'assessors' horse shit. Either you have the skill, or you don't!

Sounds like Empire Building by making up 'non jobs'

The insecurities of some CFAVs beggars belief sometimes.
  4. WHT Assessor is now a defunct qual.

Cadets are NOT allowed to conduct WHTs.

The only Adults (ACF/CCF/TA/Regular) are those who have completed a Skill At Arms Instructor Course, be that the Regular courses (part of Junior Brecon or OASAA), the TA versions there of or the Cadet SAA course held at Frimley. (RN, RM and RAF SAA courses are also acceptable, but I am not fully conversant in those).

The Adult MUST be in date in their WHT for the weapon being tested in order to test Cadets or Adults in that system.

Reading your post and thte post above, I am not sure if you are on about a defunct qual, or some sort of local 'qual'... basically ANY SAA qualled and in date (WHt on that weapon) Adult can test.

It's all in the PAM.
  5. I'm not sure what the CTTs do as mostly they train 3/4* ACF and CCF cadets and CCF adults in my county, and the only person who can train and qualify a SAAI for the ACF is a SAAI/DS at Frimley.
  6. Cadet Training Teams are capable of training at any level within the ACF and CCF, Cadet or Adult. How they are used is down to their workload and the County.

My team routinely trained he Adults in ranges and AITC and carried out SCICs for the ACF, and only MOI (CCF eqiv for SCIC), but we could be tasked for pretty much anything else, if we had the time and were asked.

ACF/CCF adults could/can only do SAA at CTC Frimley.
  7. Yes, CCF too. About a quarter were CCF on my course, and even some ATC and RMC too. So it's the only place to get the qual now? Although I believe in typical separatist and elitist fashion the ATC have started their own SAAI cse, but it's a carbon copy of the Frimley one, and still overseen By SASC, much to their chagrin.
  8. My Bn has a small number of SAA instructors who train and test the common AIs, who then train and test cadets.
  9. Well they should man up then.

SASC oversee all SAA type courses run by all the services (hence, for example, the SASC embed in HQ CTC Lympstone). They are the SMEs, no matter where on the funny carpet an ATC punter stands.
  10. And if there is an accident heads will roll... simples.

If this IS happening direct them to the PAM or this thread. SAA instructor qualled adults instruct, assess or supervise SCIC qualled Cadets. No ifs no buts.
  11. JSP 535, the Red Book (all AIs will have this on their person when in uniform).

from http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=jsp+535&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Farmycadets.com%2Fuploads%2Fdocuments%2Fjsps%2FJSP_535_2011.pdf&ei=wedYUMv2OqGK0AWApoHgBQ&usg=AFQjCNEvyq4jfAGv6z5_ZAvdoTpegmse2A&cad=rja

12. Yes. Why are turning into a wankier, more dogshit version of tropper. You boring two-sheds ****.
  13. Yeah, how come they left out the bit that says "Don't stick it in your mouth"?
  14. And why are you back crayoning over discussions? Isn't it about time you got banned again you dullard?
  15. Because I can and I'm saving Internetshire from tools like chocoate_frog. As to your second part - probably.