Weak Commanding Officers or fond reminiscing of whorehouses in Portsmouth

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Fatty, Aug 6, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a Captain serving in an Infantry Regiment. I am currently employed as a rifle coy 2i/c and i can say that i have never seen such a shambles in my entire life. *Part of the problem the Infantry faces today is that of weak command. *Our CO is a complete buffoon, how this man has risen through the ranks is beyond me, i would make a fine CO - much better than him, all he thinks about is his own career. *He pretends to care for the soldiers under his command but uses them simply for his own gain. *He does not know how to get the best out of his troops. *He is weak and spineless, letting them walk all over him and ridicule the chain of command. *He is surrounded by toadies who pander to his every whim and do not have the balls to stand up and act like real officers. *It drives me mad to think of the way they are ruining the Regiment. *The soldiers see right through the charade, at least they respect and fear me, instead of laughing at some of my fellow officers. *I pity the future of the Army.

2. This is a wind-up, right?  ::)

3. If you are so good, how come you are not still a Major?

4. This must be a windup. So why were you reduced from Major to Captain, or was the Majority not a substantive rank?

They may laugh at him behind his back, they may think him a buffoon, but what of the Officers (middle management) are they capable of doing the job?

There is a bit of bitter and twisted coming out in this post, so what have you done to regain your Majority?

Weak command is one thing, "Laid Back" attitude is another.

Our company boss has a laid back attitude, but there isn't one guy in the unit, who wouldn't be prepared to follow him into action, because we know what he's like on the ground.

Don't confuse laid-back with weak and ineffectual. If he really was that crap, his assesments and confidentials would have crucified him before this, especially in an operational environment.

Failing that, why not transfer to another Battalion?

5. I pity the future of the Army too if officers are happy that their men 'fear' them.....

6. I personally don't have respect for officers that I fear.
    I would much rather have an officer that listens to your views.

Being in the TA though, if there is someone who makes your life hell through fear etc, you can just tell 'em to shove it!

7. I make a point of making my CO go weak at the knees.... :-*

8. tee hee ;D

My CO's a bit too old and grey for me to want to make him weak at the knees.

9. We had one who was crap at press ups, he was good at snatch and pull(ooooer) so he wasn't that weak

10. CGS

CGS War Hero Moderator

Any chance at making me go weak at the knees, ladies?

11. only if you're grey and wrinkly ;)

12. Only if you morph yourself into my loved one and come over for drill practice tonight...

13. Nothing wrong with grey hair...well a bit anyway. :-[

14. it's distinguished n' everything. :-[ :( :mad: :'(
    i hate smileys n all