"We planned to grow old together"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Punch, Mar 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "We planned to grow old together" - the tearful words of the shattered widow of Constable Stephen Carroll.
    Once again we see the faces of the wife, family, and friends of another brave man as he leaves our sight in another shocking event which someone believed would bring their vision of a "united" Ireland nearer.
    If they would look at his medals, consider his years of dedicated service to his / their country, would they think again? Do they really believe that it would be worthwhile living in a blood-soaked country brought about by such actions? Can they learn nothing from the past? Are we wasting our time even expecting such people to be rational?
    Stephen Carroll should have had the pleasure of personally passing those medals on to future generations as he and Kate grew old together.
  2. Rest in peace, brave man - braver than most of us could ever imagine.
  3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

RIP Constable Caroll
  4. I heard Mrs Carroll speak on the Beeb, I was amazed at her composure, her humility and her humanity. It's a wonder that there are divides in the NI community with people like her around.
  5. As a former inhabitant of Banbridge, and also as LGN/PDN was in my TAOR, I must have brushed shoulders with the late Constable Carroll at some time.

My thoughts go out to his family, friends, and colleagues
  6. Constable Carrol rest in peace. May god be with you.
  7. RIP deepest condolences to family and friends