WE need more ARRSE support

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by hitback, Jan 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Get off your arrse in the new year and support our young and older service personnel who need social housing when they leave the service. The current legislation discriminates against service personnel and puts them at a distinct disadvantage when competing with civilians. An early day motion is currently being signed by MPs which if carried, will help change this legislation, but we need more of them to sign it if we are to get the government to take notice. We now need your support to get this through. Go to http://www.parliament.uk/directories/hciolists/alms.cfm to find your MP and then Email your MP asking for support for this EDM. Come on ARRSERS, get of your arrse and give us some support!.

If you wish, you could always take this simple letter and copy and paste it to your MP via the link. Don't forget to place their name and yours in the pasted letter.

Dear *******

The following EDM 288 has been tabled in the House of Commons. I believe our armed forces should be given all the support they require for their civilian transition, and housing is a fundamental requirement. I hope you will show your support by signing EDM 288.

Yours sincerely

2. Totally Agree!

Also there are still unsold Arrse Mr P. Lapel pins. Remember all proceeds are going to the ABF

Come on Arrsers, The Brylcream Boys over at the e-goat have nearly bought all there lapel pins that were produced with proceeds going to the RAFBF.

Get yours now, there is no excuse, there are 22940 Arrse members at present, they should have been sold out by now. Donate to a worthwhile cause.

They can be found in this section.

http://www.tietacs.org.uk/index_files/Military.htm

3. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

4. Done with another MP

5. Thats great news. Come on the rest of you Arrsers, Make your MP work for their cash. Ask them to sign EDM 288, use the letter on the first entry and click the link.

regards
    Hitback

6. Done!

7. Done!

A good place to go if you want to say something to your MP is www.writetothem.com.

You can write your letter online, and they send it on your behalf.

8. Come on Arrsers at this rate of fire there is no chance that the position will be overrun!

9. This Legislation has hurt some many service families over the years, lets all push together to get it changed. Copy and Paste the letter to your MP via the link. We now need your support to get this through. Go to http://www.parliament.uk/directories/hciolists/alms.cfm to find your MP and then Email your MP asking for support for this EDM. Come on ARRSERS, get of your arrse and give us some support!. It only takes a minute to do but could help so many comrades and their families in the future.

Regards
    Hitback

Dear *******

The following EDM 288 has been tabled in the House of Commons. I believe our armed forces should be given all the support they require for their civilian transition, and housing is a fundamental requirement. I hope you will show your support by signing EDM 288.

Yours sincerely

10. Hitback,

Do you have a list of those who have signed/not signed the EDM?

11. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Just received email from my MP confirming he will sign. And he's a Liberal.

12. Doubt very much mine will :( but never any harm in asking.