We must bear the moral responsibility for our own actions!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Dog_Egg_Farmer, Nov 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just had a call from my In-laws who live on the Isle of Wight. They were at their local church, for the remembrance service on Sunday, when it was hijacked by a local councillor, who stormed out mid service whilst muttering that he had "had enough of this rubbish"

Here's the story

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/amazement-at-poppy-day-scene-29672.aspx

Not wanting to give people the wrong idea about his tantrum, he has now posted a letter to the editor explaining his behaviour

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/letters/remembrance-day-must-not-condone-illegal-war-29754.aspx

Well....My moral compass is working just fine and I accept all my actions, well, most of them :wink: Who needs the Taliban, when we have would-be politicians like this at home?!

2. Is it me, or does the Cllr in the picture look like "Edgar" in "Men in Black" after the bug is "wearing" him????

3. I do like his photo, he does seem to be a knob of the first water, why did he bother going in the first place?

4. I should be outraged. But alas after the last 2 weeks I am outraged out and therefore can't be arrsed to be outraged again.

Perhaps I shall hop on the slightly miffed bus.

5. He just looks like a total retard.

6. The guy's a Mong and will no doubt be b1tch-slapped by the electorate next time he stands for anything.

Not worth warming up the Outrage Bus for this.

7. Knob
    I should imagine he might not be a councillor at all after the next local elections, I doubt he would be missed much either!!

8. [quote="Fallschirmjager]
    He just looks like a total retard.[/quote]
    It is the Isle of Wight. That's about standard, makes Norfolk look sophisticated.

9. What's up, sounds like the outrage bus is in for a 100,000 mile extended service?

Time to move to Switzerland where everything works and citizens have the right to rule by referendum....

I think I have cumulative outrage fatigue. Nurse?!!

10. not so much nfn
    more like nfiw :twisted:

remeberance sunday even if your a pastafarian as I am (may his noodly appendeges bless you).
    you turn up wearing a decent suit you sit there and keep your mindless views to yourself.

hopefully at the next election they can remove this twat

11. Good call! :lol:

12. Or don't go in the church in the first place.

13. More of a worry,on the same linky page,is that the bad weather may affect ferry crossings.