We lose another Arrse Old n Bold Seaweed

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I now count in hexadecimal. It's got complicated lately. Seems I am now 3D, which I thought I always was!!!
I was about 40 decimal (28 hex) when I started using hexadecimal. Now I'm 40 hexadecimal.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I liked his reviews on all things to do with the RN, he was very well informed of the subject and reading what @Auld-Yin just said I’m not surprised, I had no idea he had served in the RN.
Who is going to do all those book reviews on that subject now?
RIP

Last edited:

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Condolences to his family. I will have a night of splicers in memoriam.

For ths non Andrew types, there is a Royal Naval tradition of 'Splice the Mainbrace' which is a full shot of Pussers rum or equivalent. I almost choked to death getting my Dolphins in a glass full of rum after not drinking for 6 months at sea:)

Seaweed and I jousted often and vigorously, mainly on nautical vs crab topics. Nonetheless, his posts were informative, well researched, presented good arguments and on occasion made me giggle.

Fair winds and following seas, shippers...........

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
Condolences to his family. I will have a night of splicers in memoriam.

For ths non Andrew types, there is a Royal Naval tradition of 'Splice the Mainbrace' which is a full shot of Pussers rum or equivalent. I almost choked to death getting my Dolphins in a glass full of rum after not drinking for 6 months at sea:)
I'm going to do that right now (minus the aquatic mammals).
Chin chin, Seaweed.

What a pity.

HHH

GCM
My condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Seaweed, condolences to family.

Yokel

LE
Another one. RIP Shippers!

Not so long ago he responded after I sent a link to an article about the Suez campaign. I think his ship was involved in the action.

He was nothing if not fiercely loyal to the RN.

Another one. RIP Shippers!

Not so long ago he responded after I sent a link to an article about the Suez campaign. I think his ship was involved in the action.

He was nothing if not fiercely loyal to the RN.
Yet he managed to also be, on the whole, very evenhanded and realistic in it.

Latest Threads