We lose another Arrse Old n Bold Seaweed

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I was informed today and regret that I have to let you all know that Lieutenant Commander Robert Griffiths RN (retd) passed away on 8th November 2019 at the age of 82. Cause of death was mesothelioma (asbestos-related cancer), courtesy of the Royal Navy.

You will all know him better as Seaweed, sensible poster on matters wide and varied as well as being a prolific book reviewer. Seaweed was a great supporter of the sites, both Arrse and Rum Ration, for many years and when the call went out for book readers he was one of the first and became one of the busiest.

I knew that Robert was ill when he stood down as a reviewer a few weeks ago and he told me that he had mesothelioma and that it has been traced back to his service in the Andrew. He died on the same day I heard about Sluggy so we lost two great supporters of the site on one day, a black day for the site but knowing both I doubt they would want it seen that way.

I will leave this now and ask that @Bad CO now memorialises his username.

[Added by Bad CO]His sad death has been announced in the Telegraph.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad news. I used to enjoy reading his posts.

Chef

LE
I liked his posts. I'm sorry there'll be no more.

Joe_Private

On ROPS
On ROPs
... Lieutenant Commander Robert Griffiths RN (retd) passed away on 8th November 2019 ... He died on the same day as Sluggy so we lost two great supporters of the site on one day ...
Sluggy died on the 3rd.

RIP to both, condolences to allcon.

Seaweed was one of my favourite posters - very sad news.
Condolences to his family and friends.
RIP.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
An enormous source of all things Andrew who will be sadly missed.
RIP and condolences to the family and friends he leaves behind.
He owed me a tenner.

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
A good poster. I liked him.

I liked Seaweed's posts, RIP Fella.

Sad news ... again ... I too enjoyed his measured and informative Posts .... condolences to family and friends ... RIP Seaweed .

A damn shame. You will be missed.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

RIP, Condolences to everyone that knew him

Sorry to hear that. His posts were generally very interesting and some of his book recommendations helped make me, context and understanding wise, a little bit better at my job.

Will be greatly missed.

Latest Threads