We dont talk to colonists

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Grumblegrunt, Feb 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

We won't talk to colonists: Diplomatic row erupts after Argentina pulls out of talks with Britain over future of Falkland Islands - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

no surprise there.

I lost the link but I read last night on one of the papers that there is an earlier spanish agreement giving uruguay dominion over spanish seas in that area. ah here it is

Falklands 'belong to Uruguay not Argentina' - Telegraph

it would be funny if the islanders were persuaded to start talks with uruguay over joint sovereignty. it would probably do for christina.

2. I'm sure CMD is heartbroken.

Does that mean KFC won't talk to the yanks either

3. how many times can the same dipolmatic row erupt?

4. How ironic . A bunch of Italian and Spanish settlers refer to a bunch of British settlers as " colonists " .
    So what precisely are the Argies ? Invited guests ?

• Like Like x 4
  5. No, Obama has offered a mediator who can talk on her level.. crusty.png

• Like Like x 2
  6. 'Colonists'..on/up your ARRSE when you least expect them, like Jarrod & the Spanish Inquisition.

7. I'll leave the retort to Colour Sgt Muir…

• Like Like x 4
  8. It is true that S America is full of colonists too. Pot, kettle etc.

Maybe we need a powerful alien in world politics. An outsider who just sees us a humans. Not Argies or Brits. One who when situations like this can get all those involved together, squash his face up in disgust and say "Oh for ****'s sake you lot, sort your ******* selves OUT!"

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not needed. It's just the ***** across the Atlantic of all flavours who are the problem.

Apart from Canada. They are ace.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Roadster, is there much coverage of this issue in the US?

11. Would never work . If an alien from the planet Tharg landed on Earth , the Argies would simply claim that Tharg belongs to Argentina.

12. And not forgetting he used 'that' rifle to punctate the message.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I imagine the US has to tread very carefully on the subject of colonial aggression going by the way they have expanded over the years.

how many overseas bases is it now?