We can't qualify, so we'll set up our own mini World Cup!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
It seems that the US aren't happy with the way that the World Cup qualifiers have gone so now want to set up a losers World Cup. Ok, some of the bigger teams are missing, Italy, Netherlands, but that's the luck of the game, not everybody can be a winner!
World Cup 2018: US Soccer exploring tournament for non-qualifiers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

so it's like the special Olympics, but for teams who are shit for no reason?

It seems that the US aren't happy with the way that the World Cup qualifiers have gone so now want to set up a losers World Cup. Ok, some of the bigger teams are missing, Italy, Netherlands, but that's the luck of the game, not everybody can be a winner!
World Cup 2018: US Soccer exploring tournament for non-qualifiers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Alternatively, it gives teams who just missed out on gaining a place to compete in the World Cup the chance to play international football at a competitive level, thus allowing those teams to improve ready for the next set of international competitions (Euros, Copa Americas, African Cup …) rather than going off the boil in the interim, as well as allowing fans wherever it's held the opportunity to see some decent competitive matches live.

Its so embarrassing.

What will they call it? The Back-squaded World Cup? The Biff World Cup?

Will the winner be named "Best Improved" or "Best Endeavour"?

Its so embarrassing.

What will they call it? The Back-squaded World Cup? The Biff World Cup?

Will the winner be named "Best Improved" or "Best Endeavour"?
Insteae of a trophy, will every team get a participants medal as 'they are all winners'?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Putting this particular cup to one side. I'm supportive of the concept of an alternative summer tournament.

Where I'd differ, is that I'd limit this to the lesser teams, who currently have no hope of qualifying for major tournaments (e.g. Samoa, Luxembourg, curracoa, central africa).

It can be used as a means of pre-qualification for weeding out the worst teams (particularly for uefa), while also giving the minor nations some competitive football to improve their game

Putting this particular cup to one side. I'm supportive of the concept of an alternative summer tournament.

Where I'd differ, is that I'd limit this to the lesser teams, who currently have no hope of qualifying for major tournaments (e.g. Samoa, Luxembourg, curracoa, central africa).

It can be used as a means of pre-qualification for weeding out the worst teams (particularly for uefa), while also giving the minor nations some competitive football to improve their game

You forgot Wales and Scotland from that list.

Look, everyone's thinking it, so I'll just come right out and say it.

We all know Scotland would fail to qualify.
Well, it depends on the qualification criteria. If failing to qualify for anything else is the qualification, then Scotland would qualify every time.

Well where ever it’s held it’s going to be a safer and more enjoyable location than the main event next year.