Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by EAGLE1, Oct 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. EAGLE1

EAGLE1 On ROPs

General Sir Richard Dannatt the new head of the British Army has said absolutely clearly tonight 12/10/06 that all troops must leave IRAQ NOW.

All troops are to be withdrawn as soon as safe to do so.

Andy Gregory added ABOUT FCKING TIME TO :D

They got it -well done that man.
  2. BBC link

Hmm, who knows the sort of mess Iraq will be in when UK/US forces do finally leave?

I would almost be of the mind that it would be unsportsmanlike to pull out now after being the effective cause of the whole problem.

Shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted to use a cliche.
  3. The distant rumble of thunder is nearby.......... harumph harumph harumph! Incoming........................
  4. Fcuk it. The yanks can have Iraq. Lets concentrate on dragging ourselves out of the "Stan".
  5. EAGLE1

EAGLE1 On ROPs

Very good point and I agree.
    Remember the chaotic scenes from evacuating vietnam.
    Watch this space and mark my words!!!!!!!!!!
  6. I say it's going to be safe in about 5 yrs. So I won't hold my breath if I was you ( which I'm not , thank feck.)

7. i will belive it when i see it
  9. WTF. I know, lets all just sit in our barracks our shining shoes and awaiting a war that we all agree in.
  10. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Very good point indeed.
  11. Its good to see we finally have a member of the top brass with some balls to match..

Its just a shame he will now be looking for a new job (they will call it a sideways move of course) as it flys in the face of the governments policy..
  12. I dont think Tony B Liar will have the balls to sack him!
  13. Guy on breakfast news this morning said that soldiers on an army forum were supporting this guy and his views. Didn't mention the site but im assuming it was this one.
  14. Hazarding a guess I dont suppose the families of the sevicemen who caught a 'sportsmanlike' death out there would quite agree with you there mate!!