Wax cleaner

Discussion in 'DIY' started by brettarider, Dec 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just skip licked an old valor paraffin heater and ir's all there been advised to give the central draft tube a polish with a wax cleaner any idea what this is?
  2. It probably is meant to make your home smell of furniture polish, instead of ******* paraffin.......
  3. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Does the tube slide up and down with the wick? If so, it'll be to act as a lubricant so it doesn't jam.

Here's a spot of early '60s nostalgia.

4. "THHHEYYY ASKED me how I knew, it was Esso Blue.....?"
  5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Wash the lot with soapy water and leave a window open. Otherwise you will suffocate and die.

Just in case that does not work, please leave the GSP location of your mountain bike with us. Your friends.
  6. Been advised to wash the tank out with soapy water and let it to dry out, The wax remover is just furniture polish aparrently nwq wick and it's good to go will do for when I'm off camping
  7. There are cleaning sprays for boiler combustion chambers and flues, solvent based and expensive in the main. Is the tube detachable, and what kind of finish does it have? If its just an old metal tube, I'd just stand it in a tray in the garden with a bit of petrol and decoke it using the bryant and may WOOOOOFFFFFF method.
  8. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer