Wax Bullet

Discussion in 'US' started by tiger stacker, Jun 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. It's a good job the bit in bold wasn't said in German ...

3. Why is the thread called "Wax Bullet" ?

4. Cos the end of the blank round was dipped in wax to stop the loose proprellant from leaking. Normally its a mix of shellac and wax.

5. Learn something new everyday dont you :)

6. What I see is: One less walking, breathing, piece of scum, not breathing my oxygen and eating my food. Too bad it took 25 yrs to whack him.

7. Seems he got what was comming to him

Gary DeLand, executive director of Utah's corrections agency from 1985 to 1992, knew Gardner during the early years of his imprisonment. He says he was not surprised by this request.

"He was a particularly violent man. He was kept away from other inmates. He was the kind of person who would harm others for the sport of it, and enjoyed causing trouble.

"We don't know why Gardner chose this method but one prisoner who had chosen the firing squad basically said if he was going to die, he wanted someone to have to clean up the mess."

8. :D

9. Good riddance... from the noises made when he first selected the method of his execution it was a strategic decision as his lawyer expected the carrying out to be severely delayed by ongoing legal action against the use of a firing squad.

10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

[nerd]I think it actually must have fired a wax slug. If it was simply a wax-coated blank, the firer would note the absence of recoil.[/nerd]

Personally, I'd know whether I'd delivered the lethal bullet or not because unlike the other guys, when I fired, the head cloth would get a hole in it. :twisted:

11. Who was doing the shooting. Plod or the Prison Service? I can see the point that its "Cruel & unusual" with Plod doing the shooting. With only one bullet the guy might not be guaranteed to join the choir invisible (or in this case someplace warmer) straight away. Why not have a GAU-17/A slaved to 3 buttons and only one of them is connected to the electric drive. Might need a new chair for the next bloke though.

12. I'd pity the poor b@stard who has to clean that up... maybe the next guy in the chair! :twisted:

13. they could have spent the afternoon trying out different body armour on him, why waste an opportunity

14. Ah, but that's the beauty of my solution, you only need a Hosepipe for the clean up.