Wattisham Airfield Open Day!!!!

Is the Open Day worth the effort?

• Yes, its going to be great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Its a waste of effort and a security risk!!

• No, its the regt 2ic last effort before the fat bas@ard fcuks off!

• Total voters
As some of you may be aware the Wattisham Airifeld Open day is soon upon us. Personally think its going to be a waste of time and lots of dickings flying round left right and chelsea. I know lets have an open day force the blokes to attend and work for the whole weekend, then have a regt party afterwards on the waterfront, so the lads can get methed and take out the venegence on various areas of camp on the way to town!!! :lol: I'm sure they won't break or bog in a black painted messenger of death!!!

Also one of the main attractions you've guessed BG MAIN fcuking rolling up when I heard this!!!!! :lol:

hmmm can't wait to show my family round BG main !!!
Oh no i can't i'll be f@><king working. :cry:
hi ho hi ho!!

the website hasn't got any pictures of BG main . I wanted to show my family what they were missing. Not to mention the punters it will lure in!!! :?

Didn't realise it was a public event as opposed to 'families day'.

LynxeffectLOL, even more reason to stop whinging and get on with it.

(Had a look at the gallery on the link. Why has 3/4 Regt got a white UN Lynx on there? They never used the cab as UN!! Bloody cheek! :roll: )

Seconded Flashy - LynxEffect you don't seem to have a good word to say about the fighting 3rd - perhaps time to reach for the signing off pen?

As a local scaley STAB I'm looking forward to taking my family round your gaffe, while you work a weekend :)

Withchy

Thats your mistake young man........ You take your wife to an environment full of rugged, handsome door gunners and Sigs guys your're gonna regret it... they will have her bent over a CP chair looking at her breakfast before you can say 'Oooh look at those helicopters'

You will also hate yourself afterwards for not being one of us.

First time I've been called young in a long time. Aren't door gunners a dying breed?

Crikey the soldiers right to bitch and moan and still crack on and do the job is getting a hammering!!! :lol:

Lynxeffects post is a little negative but to refer to the DDay landings I find incredulous, no need.

Having looked at the website for the day, to advertise possible Blue Eagles involvement is hardly a crowd puller!!!! :lol:

Anyway I sure it will be fun for some and not for others as with most things in life!!!! :D

What can I say? I have been to a few "families days" as they were once called, boring old thing everyone must attend and no-one is interested.

This year to put icing on the cake everyone is "working" that will be another day less in my life I suppose. An answer to questions that may be asked:

1. No my family is not interested in this "you must pay and attend event".
2. My friends are not interested.
3. My work mates are not interested.
4. I am certainly not interested

But Joe public would love to come and see the main attractions Battle Group Main, the old tattered tentage held together with harry black! (if you dont believe me pay for the privilege on the open day). But it may not be the case as 3 Regt have a get out clause! - borrow from 9 Regt!!!

By the way there is a cheezer officer that works in the training wing and ideas?

Possible Blue Eagles participation!! There shouldn't be any thing possible about it. For an AAC airfield open day it should be mandatory.

Reference Blue Eagles you would have thought it that it would go without saying that they are going to be there. I also would have thought we could have put a few more flying displays on, as that is pretty much what people want to see, however I understand the whole insurance thing.

Or is it that it is Colchester Military Festival soon and bde don't want the corps upstaging them as usual!! :lol:

C

cloudbuster

What, no Band of the Army Air Corps?

Don't think I'll bother if they won't be there. :cry:

A b.good idea now that the MW show days are over. (starting again?) Perhaps the AACA could have a tent at Wattisham, as it was always the focal point of the MW events.

Lynx effect, it may be a weekends work for you, (boo hoo, real world, get over it), but it is appreciated by those attending, gets the locals onside, good PR, KAPE, etc and even when it's all over, I bet you will have enjoyed it!
Can you say that after a weekends 'normal duty'?

What on earth is a "Flying Capability Display" ?
Will "Static displays of older aircraft and regimental equipment " include slidex wallets, MK bowsers and RLs?

If the Blue Eagles don't think an AAC Open Day is worthy of an attendance, if you give the Red Arrows a bell, they will do a flypast on the way to or return from a display. Excellent idea for family birthdays, weddings and BBQs, and they do turn up if they can!

With a months warning, I think the displays will be limited, however if the post 'Coyote Dinner' open day in 95 was anything to go on, then it will be a good day/weekend!

SS

I will have you know that the so called band cancelled, without telling anyone about it, so they could attend a paid event, this was until someone with a bit of rank sorted it out.

It is obviously a top event for the "Army Air Corps Band".

It could be a good day if the people in the right places had open ears and took on the views of eveyone else (in general). There was an offer from someone in AIS who could sort out the advertising for the event on TV & radio, but that was knocked back? it would be worth while rather the lads losing another weekend and their time selling tickets here there and everywhere.

With respect yes sometimes we do need to work weekends, but not all of the time. Im sure we work enough weekends on operational tours, other training packages, exercises etc and especially with forthcoming events in the near future. Hope the clerks have enough sign off forms when it comes............

Perhaps if it were to be 'leaked' that the Colonel in Chief and his good Lady were attending, the troops would be motivated enough to produce a tremendous day for all.

The band would be there, the Blue Eagles would be there, RHQ would have to get dressed up, while the workers would be banished to the Association/Beer tent.

To improve the event, you could always parade the guidon! 8O

Happy faces all round. :wink:

Good point about listening to people Slave!!

I have been involved in the setting up of certain events for the day, when I took a plan to the regiment that would cost them nothing extra at all I was told no! That would be sensible, do exactly the same idea except hire the equipment!!! And annoy various companies that had offered to help by not allowing them to!! So as for PR in that area complete bo*@ocks!!

As for enjoying it as opposed to a weekends 'normal duty' WHAT!

A weekends normal duty for me involves seeing friends and family that I don't get to see during the rest of the 'real world' jobs such as operations, exercises, courses etc!!!!!