wathgill camp

Discussion in 'ACF' started by alex33, May 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. going to wathgill annual camp this year and I was wondering does anyone know how many cadets share a room to aid with my planning?
    Also, open to advises for person in charge of camp, i.e. any special pointer from experience as this is my second camp and I'm in charge of all the planning!

Thanks!

2. 8 generally.

3. I think some of the cadet rooms are actually 10 - 12, from vague recollection.

4. Thanks all, the large different in number means I can't really plan anything regarind room allocation until I'm there? Is it possible to ask the camp directly about room sizes? It comes as a surprise as I went to St Mawgan last year and it was 3 person rooms!

5. if you are doing AT, specifically climbing, Downholme Quarry is a MOD-only climbing venue. It's actually pretty good for beginners for climbing and abseiling and it's about 5 minutes drive to the car park, another 5 minutes walk in. Instructor needs to be atleast RLT or SPA.

6. We don't have any trined instructors ourself so we're going for that Adrenalin company

7. What I can say with confidence is that the rooms are not all the same size! It will vary by block (and possibly room - I didn't pay close attention when I was there).

8. It will be cold. Welcome to North Yorkshire.

9. Dont forget the horizontal rain....

10. I studied in Harrogate for 2 yrs so I know how North Yorkshire is, but thanks for the reminder which I can issue to the cadets who never been to Yorkshire