Waters doing The Wall. Any thoughts

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by skid2, Nov 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Roger Waters is doing The Wall on tour again.
    Any Good? I quite like his live stuff.
    Thanks

2. On his own? What are the chances of Gilmore and Mason showing up, or are Waters and Gilmore still divided?

3. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Thought Gilmore Mason and Walters had agreed to play together again after enjoying Live Aid 8 thing whatever it was called

Walters has toured it a couiple of times IIRC he does a stonking "Mother" with a black backing singer
    I always thought his voice wasn't as strong as Gilmore's but if it's this good all through I'l go I think

YouTube - Roger Waters - Mother (live)

4. There is rumour control doing the rounds that Gilmour will join him on stage during at least one of the O2 gigs next May.
    Read a review of the first concert of his world tour in Toronto (in Classic Rock). Has the makings of a fabulous event and if you like the Floyd I would urge you to snap up a ticket for the additional O2 shows before they sell out again(if they haven't already!).

5. I'm reading this post and all that I can imagine are Pulse like concerts with Waters in tow. If this turns out to be the case then it should be one of the best tours in many, many years. Just as long as they end with the Comfortably Numb and Run Like Hell light show. Very awesome indeed!

6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Didbn't Mason play in some of Walters tours anyway

7. Is Snowy White playing with him this tour

8. He did a couple of one-off songs with Waters on his solo tours, but I thought that they only came together for Live8. I also thought that after the death of Wright that the chances of a Gilmore/Waters/Mason tour would be much less likely to happen. But I love the thought of it one day happening.

9. A friend went to see the concert recently and said it was excellent, I've only heard good comments so far.
    I'm going to see him next month in Anaheim, California and then in May next year at the 02. I'll be keeping my finger's crossed that
    the concert I see in May will be the one that David Gilmour puts in a show! I've never seen any of the original band before, just the Aussie Pink Floyd (pretty good) so am looking forward to seeing Waters live.

The Wall Live Tour Musicians are:

Drums: Graham Broad

Guitars: Dave Kilminster, G.E. Smith, Snowy White

Bass: Roger Waters

Keyboards: Jon Carin, Harry Waters

Lead Vocals: Robbie Wyckoff, Roger Waters

Backing Vocals: Jon Joyce, Mark Lennon, Michael Lennon, Kipp Lennon

10. I know the Floyd have a reputation as showmen but I'm afraid that particular light show thing (what was that in the YouTube clip, an electric apple core?) was trying a bit too hard.

I have tickets for the 14 May gig, 12 rows from the front, and I'm just hoping for a bone-shattering soundscape and the flying peeeeeg! Pass the hammer. :-D

I wonder if it will have bollocks this time.

11. If it's anything like Waters' Dark Side of the Moon tour a couple of years ago then DON'T miss it. I saw it here in HK and it goes down as one of the all-time top 3 gigs I've seen.

I saw Floyd do the original Wall at Earls Court in 80 or 81. Stunning show but I was never a big fan of that particular album.

12. Neither was I, not a patch on 'Dark Side of the Moon', mind you I saw Jethro Tull live in 1979 , of course, I never mentioned that to the recruiting sergeant as I would never have got in. Come to think of it I wish I had. Bugger !

13. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Thanks All.
    I'm getting tortured about Waters in Dublin next year........much as I enjoy his solo stuff. I'm beginning to think Fairports more my speed. Tull in Belfast last time round.......good gig.