Waterproof paper that you can print on!!!!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by chocolate_frog, Feb 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does it require special waterproof ink to prevent the print running when the document gets rained on? If not, how does that work? I'm fascinated.

2. Laser printing, ink is heated and becomes stable. Don't use ink jet it will run.

3. Aaahhhhhh! Though the first 2 papers in the link are described as "inkjet"?

4. It's mega, got some last week. There are two sorts, one for inkjet, the other for laser. Worry not, the inkjet paper works perfectly, although you need to let it dry for about a minute first, so you should print single pages at a time, to stop them lying on top of each other and smearing. C'est le mega.

5. And, once dry, the inkjet ink is "locked" in and doesn't run if the page gets wet? Magic?

6. Yeah, it seems to be. It's certainly snow, sleet and spilled-coffee proof.

7. It's a bit expensive but I can see that it would have its uses, especially combined with the mapping software they sell.

Thanks for the link.

Litotes

8. Wow! That does sound most impressive. Thanks lads.

9. Sorry, been busy.

According to the bumf bovvyblonde it is something to do with micro pores in the paper. Once they have accepted the ink from the ink jet, they just don't allow it out again.

Or something.

Don't fully know how it works, but I can honestly say it works. I have a number of sheets now, (you get a good 3/4 pages of TAM size out of one A4) and none, NONE have run yet. Including after the TAM got fully drenched (read fully immersed, during a river crossing) on a recent ex (last day so I though "what the heck, let's find out how good this stuff is".