Waterproof Jacket Recommendations

I use Paramo hiking and snow shoeing in the Alps, near where I live. Ran Fiennes recommends Paramo, as do many other big names in the exploring world. However, some people don't get on with it.
No matter how much you sweat in Paramo gear, even in cold foggy weather at altitude, the inside of the clothing remains totally dry, there is no condensation at all.
Came off the moor at dark o'clock. On removing my rucksack, the wife spotted the steam rising from my back, as the heat escaped.

I , and many othes have one of these for sale
I've got a couple of different versions from my poor student days. The change I noticed is that my DPM jacket has the rank slide on a storm flap over the zip, the zip looks exposed on the new version.

Any issue with water leaching in through the zip?

It's no issue to me as my ones get loaned to kids for a weekend but I would have thought the new one would have pissed water inside in wind driven rain.

Our work jackets are keela and love them. Zip in out aoft shell completes it depending on what im doing/ time of year. Build quality quite good too

Well the jury is still out. Cant decide on which one to go for. Berghaus Paclite 2.0 or Alpkit Argonaut.
Recent years Berghaus quality has fallen and I have yet to try any Alpkit but their reviews are all very good.

Berghause at go outdoors is £135 but onlt £95 at Cotswold. Alpkit Argonaut £85 so price wise not a lot in it.

Well the jury is still out. Cant decide on which one to go for. Berghaus Paclite 2.0 or Alpkit Argonaut.
Recent years Berghaus quality has fallen and I have yet to try any Alpkit but their reviews are all very good.

Berghause at go outdoors is £135 but onlt £95 at Cotswold. Alpkit Argonaut £85 so price wise not a lot in it.
Alpkit's customer service is bloody good. I was having a bit of a tidy and found one of their jackets that I bought about a year ago and never used. They told me to send it in and if it was still in decent nick they'd give me store credit.

Got an email this afternoon saying they've given me a full refund (£155) which has pretty much paid for the new sleeping bag I was going to order from them anyway.

Alpkit's customer service is bloody good. I was having a bit of a tidy and found one of their jackets that I bought about a year ago and never used. They told me to send it in and if it was still in decent nick they'd give me store credit.

Got an email this afternoon saying they've given me a full refund (£155) which has pretty much paid for the new sleeping bag I was going to order from them anyway.
I went for the Alpkit Argonaut. It kept me dry following the spine race a couple of weeks back , so far so good.