waterproof coat in training?

i was wondering if anyone has recently done their phase 1 training, on the kit list it says to take a waterproof coat, i was wondering if you used it much and when you used it (out on exercise or just around barracks)?
thanks for any info.

Howdy. I wouldn't bother spending much money on one.
The only time my platoon used ours was on SDW in Wales. But even then it wasn't needed cause everything was issued

You will get A - chav mongs who can't pack for themself and don't know what a warm winter coat is or B - lads who grew up without a pot to piss in who turn up straight from a care home with just a change of clothes and a toothbrush in a bin bag.

Both struggle with having to do all the grown up things for them self, like having a proper wardrobe for real life that does not consist of cheap sportswear, thats because no one has taught them how to.

That's why they include such a literal packing list.

Get a decent civvy fleece or if you are feeling flush a thin down jacket and get a water proof shell to layer over it if it's raining. You are a grown up now so you need to be able to dress like one. You will be wanting a decent suit later as well.

ugly

LE
I certainly recall being pulled for not owning a white dress shirt when I arrived at Bn, I answered honestly that I hadnt ever been told to get one and surely if I need one for a duty the army will issue me one. I had been volunteered to do mess waiter for a big bash and as it happpens the mess staff were all issued white shirts but the mess sgt didnt want to issue ones out for one night stands.
I did turn up at Shornecliffe in a shirt and tie and stood out as most lads wore jeans then. Although on the first leave we were inspected before getting on the bus and I was shown as an example of how they wanted us to dress, smatrt plain shirt and trs, non regimental tie and a lightweight jacket or coat.
I felt I looked a **** and like everyone else got changed on the train into jeans, DMs and tracksuit top!