Water Wars

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by HectortheInspector, Oct 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Depends from what can you get from it.

Ok.
    'Incorrect' by the opinion of 'greendevils priests', isn't? Really, does they have climatological models, including emission of water vapour, CO_2, ash, dust, other well known factors like Earth rotation, oceans, swamps etc? No. All of this is no more that divination with the coffee grounds and tea leafs.
    Forget it. Oil age is going to end. Gas will be actual little more, but not much. And yes, what's about water vapour emission from hydroélectricité stations? Is it good or bad for greenhouse effect?
    Both forestation and deforestation are result of human activity. Forestation is a result of hunters activity, deforestation - mainly result of agricultural and other civilisated activity.
    Second: matured forest, as all other balanced ecosystems have equal amounts of the absorbed and emissed CO_2. Main ways of CO_2 disposal are peat and chalk.
    Really? Let's strike 'Global warming' with the 'Nuclear winter'! Actually, without a knowledge, for example, about role of deforestation in the global cooling - we can not say anything about human influence on the climate changing.
    Oh, shit... End of Bronze age was result mainly of deforestation of Near East and exhaustion of tin in the Greece and Near. In the Late Bronze big part of used Bronze were made from Zeravshan copper and Cornwall 'wooden' tin. First globalisation, you know. System was fragile and any (even not very seriose) would crush it.

As humanity do.
    We are returning in biosphere almost lost carbon and other elements. It's great. More carbon means more life. More life means more food.
    There are more than 2,5 million rivers in Russia. Absolute majority (may be even all) of them are much clear than Thames.

2. YarS

YarS On ROPs

And what did you expect from them?

Do you remember how small Iceland almost without had won 'Cog Wars' against strong and greedy UK?

If they will try to push you too strong, you always can exit from NATO and ask Russia to protect you. Canadians, IMHO, are most clever from Westies, and, alliance with Canada will be useful for the returning of Alaska.

3. YarS

YarS On ROPs

But to refuse from your own real money only because some big guys pretend on them - it's strange.

4. Um, no. Despite what a few claim (even on such an esteemed organ as ARRSE!) it's basic physics. The only real discussion is on how much of an effect there is. Whether it's volcanic cooling or global warming.

Beyond that, most of what you've come out with could at best be described as incoherent ranting.

Situation normal, I suppose.

5. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Sure. As creation of carbonic acid from water and CO_2 is endothermic reaction - it's is a basic chemistry. Yes, there are greenhouse effect, it's a basic physics, but there are much more effects - including dissolvation in water, changing ocean steams, warm and cold transferring, etc...
    Sure. That is exactly what I say. Role of CO_2 is insignificant, comparing with water vapour and ash. Role of human-produced CO_2 is insignificant comparing with volcanic emission. Global warming is much better, comparing with global cooling.
    Show me even one antient or medieval state, catastrophically collapsed because of global warming?

6. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Good day, my little readers!
    While @HectortheInspector searching for his Oxbridge face, I suggest you to read another story of another Water War, so called "War of the Ring".
    Kirill Eskov "The Last Ringbearer"
    FB2, RTF, DOC, TXT, HTML versions are here:
    Еськов Кирилл - The Last Ringbearer, скачать бесплатно книгу в формате fb2, doc, rtf, html, txt

PDF versions is here:
    http://fan.lib.ru/img/e/eskov/last_ringbearer_engl/last_ring_bearer.pdf

7. YarS

YarS On ROPs

And yes, continue with divination.

Scientists predict 'mini ice age' could hit UK by 2030
    I like it, it's a real money!
    And some music:

"When you haven't any coal in the stove
    And you freeze in the winter
    And you curse to the wind at your fate.
    When you haven't any shoes on your feet,
    Your coat's thin as paper,
    And you look 30 pounds underweight
    When you go to get a word of advice
    From the fat little pastor,
    He will tell you to love evermore.
    But when hunger comes to rap,
    Rat-a-tat rat-a-tat at the window
    *knock knock* (at the window)
    Who's there? (hunger) oh, hunger!!"

• Like Like x 1
  8. That worked well in the Ukraine and Syria didn't it?

9. Not so very serious question. Does the Kremin pay YarS by the line for his desinformatsiya?

10. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Well enough. At least Assad is at power, and people of Donbass are not genocided yet.

11. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Why do you ask? Do you want to work for Kremlin, too?

12. I am currently on leave.
    Unlike you, who appears to have infinite time to scrawl over foreign websites.
    So, I will be back shortly to put you back in your box. Stay tuned, you might learn something.

13. Not being nasty, more figuratively speaking, but is this perchance the box?
    [​IMG]

14. Organised crime is not my thing, but thanks for asking.

15. Water wars of a slightly different kind. I've been visiting the various Baltic islands since around 92, and it is plainly obvious that some of the islands, Rügen in particular, are in a losing battle with the currents and weather. Rügens problem is that it is in most places considerably higher than the other islands and has a large chalk component in its make up. Chalk does not take kindly to being soaked in water, particularly if it then freezes. Large chunks fall off, especially in the spring. There are notices everywhere to stay clear of the cliffs and not to climb them.
    In places eg Kap Arkona so much has gone that large areas I stood on 10 years ago are long gone, with more to follow. Futher west on the peninsular of Fischland Darss the erosion rate in some places is around 15 cm per year. Bunkers that the Sovs and NVA used have long since fallen into the Baltic. Dare I say it but property prices are falling.
    The worst time for erosion is during storms, I forget exactly where but early 2017 some poor bloke who had a bratty stand on the coast went to check for damage after a storm only to find that half of the building had simply disappeared.
    That is one water war where mankind is not to blame, not that that diminishes the problem.