Water Wars

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by HectortheInspector, Oct 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The blooms are triggered by short term weather conditions combining temperature and rainfall. The phosphorus pollution merely amplifies it. The whole cycle is much shorter than the life cycle of fish, so there's no way of using it to feed fish. The only practical way to mitigate it is to prevent the ingress of excess phosphorus.

2. YarS

YarS On ROPs

I mean, fertilizers are good for algae and therefore, fish in any situations. Is some situations (combinations of weather and rainfall) it can be bad for fish. For this rare moments you can use aerators to prevent creating "death zones". For somebody phosphorus is 'pollution', for somebody it is 'resourse'. Depends from your possibility to use it.

3. It's not that simple when you are talking about bodies of water which are as large as small seas.

4. In the morning you go gunnin' for the man who stole your water ...

5. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Talking about 'global warming' and changing of stream ways.

Actually cold is not a problem. Problem is poverty, that don't allow British citizens to build warm houses, to buy warm clothes and, sometimes, even to buy fuel.

6. Go away or I shall chastise you again.

7. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Only man you can try to 'chastise' are yourself. And yes, you are already 'chastised' by Nature, my little sleazebag.

8. It's November. It snows a bit. What a surprise.

It just allows us to spot the footprints of the Russian troll as it slithers out to hurl a handful of shit at its betters.

It knows no better. It is what it is.

It cannot be taught, because it has no wish to learn.
    It cannot learn, because it thinks it has all the answers it needs.
    Yet it still wallows in its own filth, and considers itself blessed, even when it is pointed out that it lives in a poverty stricken toxic wasteland, and its' chief robs him of all he has.

So it is much easier to throw shit than to think.

9. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Sure. There are a no simple things when you are talking about such complex systems. But if you want to find good solution - you should use your brains, not just blame Septics in fertilisation of their fields. What about depth charges with the liquid oxigen?

10. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Really? I'm sure even little girl can recognise footprints better than you.

Really? At least, my English is much better than your Russian.
    Ha! I'm here to learn, but it does not mean, that I'll swallow all this stupid West propaganda. I can accept any well argued point of view, but all what I got here is a bit of invective lexicon. Good enough, but it can be bit better.
    That's exactly what I mean. In Russia we can hunt wolfs, hogs, deers, saigaks, in the overpopulated and poor UK you can't hunt even a fox. In Russia everybody have warm houses, warm clothes and enough of fuel. What will be with London in -40C? My (and absolute mayority of Russians) wealth was increased in many times after Putin's election. You tell rubbish, and then surprise that people don't want to believe in your stupid propaganda.
    Is it why you preffer not to think?

11. You have an education, but cannot use it to think.
    You do not learn, because to learn is to challenge your preconceptions.

You are convinced that everything that goes against your preconceptions is enemy propaganda, because truth is negotiable. If it does not serve Russia it is false. If a lie serves Russia, it becomes true.

When told you are wrong (with evidence) you panic because you are too cowardly to examine yourself. The consequences of having your world view overturned might be dreadful-You might realise that Russia is an aggressive, murderous organised crime syndicate. Which, if you participate in it makes you part of it, and if you do not makes you a victim.

Your wealth increased ? Splendid. How much of your wealth has been stolen from you by your leaders?
    You have two crumbs from your masters table instead of one. How splendid for you, to have such generous overlords.

You live in a corrupt wasteland ruled by gangsters and consider yourself blessed whilst you are being robbed.

If you were really here to learn, then you could.
    But you are not.
    You are here to troll. You are just not very good at it. At least KGB Resident probably gets paid for its efforts.

12. It appears that the Targus in Spain is almost dry.
    Spain's water crisis deepens as Rio Tajo dries up

THE longest river in the Iberian Peninsula is drying up.

It comes as a series of dramatic images showing the extent of the crisis gripping the Tagus river emerged.

Known as the Tajo in Spain and Tejo in Portugal, the river rises in Aragon, northern Spain passing close to Madrid before forming a length of the border with Portugal and eventually emptying into the sea at Lisbon.

Along its 1,000 kilometre length it is dammed 51 times, but its current problems arise at the headwaters.

And they are likely to exert a knock-on effect in expatriate strongholds on the Mediterranean slope.

13. YarS

YarS On ROPs

There are funny saying about pot and kettle in English. Do you remember it? Actually I have only 12 'preconceptions', all other is discutable:
    -----------
    1. I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible;
    2. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Only-begotten, Begotten of the Father before all ages, Light of Light, True God of True God, Begotten, not made; of one essence with the Father, by whom all things were made;
    3. Who for us men and for our salvation came down from the heavens, and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, and became man;
    4. And was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, and suffered and was buried;
    5. And rose again on the third day, according to the Scriptures;
    6. And ascended into the heavens, and sitteth at the right hand of the Father;
    7. And shall come again, with glory, to judge both the living and the dead, Whose kingdom shall have no end.
    8. And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Giver of Life, Who proceedeth from the Father, Who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified, Who spake by the Prophets;
    9. In One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.
    10. I Confess one Baptism for the remission of sins.
    11. I look for the Resurrection of the dead,
    12. And the life of the age to come, Amen
    --------
    Ha! Pot and kettle, my little hypocrisy friend.

First of all, Russia didn't make anything else that other countries do.
    Second - Russia didn't start agressive wars at least for the last thousand years.
    Third - Let's read Bible, Romans 13:1-4
    1. Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
    2. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
    3. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
    4. For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
    ---------------
    Does not matter. Without peace and order, established by our leaders, there were no chances to get any wealth by good job.
    Envy is a sin. I'm grateful for what I already have, and I don't want to risk with necessary things in attempt to get surplus.
    Ha! Tell me, pls, victim of Windsors tyranny, can hunt hogs or bears in the British forests?
    So, where are 'wastelands'?

14. Religion is faith. Faith does not require evidence. In fact, it can't tolerate contrary evidence. So the religious stick their fingers in their ears and pretend not to hear.

Firstly, your point doesn't make sense. I suspect that you are using the old Russian standby "America/Britain/France etc. does it. So we can do it as well."
    Which, when you unpack it, means that Russia has no moral or ethical compass of its own, and simply uses other countries as a benchmark to measure itself against.

Secondly, I am sure that the Poles, Central Asian and Baltic republics would politely dispute it. (Actually, they would just call you a bloody liar, but then, that's not a surprise)
    List of wars involving Russia - Wikipedia
    Why do you say such things when they can be disproved in thirty seconds?
    Third, Religion again.
    Fourth, Your 'peace and order' - it is not LAW and Order. It is just thug rule, 'Might is right'.

Envy is your ABIDING sin. You desperately want to be what you are not- Considered civilised. You constantly measure yourself against the West, and can't face the fact that you are not.

You define freedom as the right to go hunting?
    I define it as the right to keep my property from any thug with a weapon who feels that he wants to take it. Over here the State guarantees your property rights. In Russia, the State takes what it wants.

Windsor's tyranny? I really don't think that you quite grasp how the British system works. I don't think we have had a 'tyrannical' monarch since Charles I, and he was a Stuart.

Wastelands? How about the Aral Sea? Chernobyl? Lake Karachay? Dzerzhinsk? Norilsk?
    Those are just the first ones that jump to mind. You may not have been told about them. Consider it part of your learning experience.