Water supplies - what to buy

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by SCoy, Jan 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I'm looking for a Camelbak-esqe hydration system for patroling. Prbably about 2l, DPM, and prefably able to attach to assault vests

    Any reccomendations?
  2. It depends on whether you want a separate pouch thing like a camelback (have you answered your own question?) or one that goes in a daysack (ie a platypus).

    Personally, I prefer the playpus because it goes into Bergans/Daysacks easier than a Camelback does.
  3. 307

    307 War Hero

    Try an arktis 'hump' can be found on ebay very cheap, 2.5l i believe. The best thing about enclosed packs like this or a camelbak are they really do seem to help keep your drinks cool cause of the special material used
  4. If entitled to one, just ask your QM for NSN CN 8465-99-842-7034 It's the 3l camelbak in DPM.
  5. If you are deploying on Ops (and who isn't?), you'll be issued one. If you are in the RAC (or REME attached) you will also get a 1 litre pouch for your survival vest.
  6. Cheers guys, much obliged :D
  7. Cutaway

    Cutaway LE Reviewer

  8. Couldnt see the wood for the DPM painted trees :D

    Cheers, Cuts
  9. personally wouldnt touch another camelbak with a sh"£$y stick mine always leak prefer the platypus, however lacks insulation.
  10. Cutaway

    Cutaway LE Reviewer

    Stuff a Platypus into this ?
    It's insulated & will take the Platypus, Camelbak & others.