Water on the knee / encapsulitis - surgery?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Bravo_Bravo, Mar 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pathetic as it sounds, I've been suffering from water on the knee for a while and its taking forever to get better - I've been doing physio ( umm, not quite as often as maybe.. well, you know ) amd although it has improved, its still not right.

Has anyone had the fluid drained? If so, how much of an imoprovement was it and how long to recover friom the minor procedure?

2. Why not just give it a tap?

Thankyew, I'm here all week...
  3. I looked like a bit of a spastic for a second there, had a rather sheepish look on me face wondering what tapping it would do untill it hit and made myself look more of a prick laughing my arse off.
  4. Oh dear, doesn't sound good atall kneed any help :lol:
  5. Okwey doke

In the vain hope that some people might have an interest in this area; I saw my doc couple of weeks ago and was prescribed tablets. Within a week I was able to run without discomfort ( except for the wheezy, gaspy kind. )

Moral; physio is not really the answer, but may help prevent a reoccurrance.
  6. Water tablets?
  7. Haha you guys are funny.
    What sort of tablets exactly? Anti-inflammatory, glucosamine, etc? Did the doc mention why you were prone to have water in your knee? Any pain at all?