Water Bottle Wall Breaker

Apologies if already been covered but I got lost on the BBC Website and accidentally came across this interesting bit of kit capable of penetrating walls and vehicle body panels .... linky includes a demo .... BBC News - Wall Breaker water cooler weapon demonstrated .

Edited to add ... could have applications in Tent and Caravan clearances ... and give the occupants a good wash .

Reminds me of the HWB that was once kept near The Boat House.

Will there be a smaller version for 2L plastic bottles?

Oh thats right pigstick with rocksalt.

Will there be a smaller version for 2L plastic bottles?

Oh thats right pigstick with rocksalt.
Reminds me of "python" that reared its head in the 1970's

Reminds me of the Mk15 Barrack Buster the boggy's used. Just without the explosive filled calor gas bottle

Another fine product from BCB's experienced bushcrafters. Apparently this works using a high speed valve arrangement rather than the breaking glass disc affair in the HWB. So theoretically reset/reload is quicker.

Probably. Would make a great door buster.
There's a nice linear water filled charge for that.

M

Mark The Convict

Just without the explosive filled calor gas bottle
That's what lets it down, IMO. No style. While it might have a certain appeal if the water was replaced with more 'interesting' fluids, it's all a bit too Blue Peter for my liking. What's wrong with loading your siege engine with prisoners' severed heads, or bags full of plague rats? Eh?

It would stop people having their "Water cooler moments" if they all stared exploding out through the office walls.

M

Mark The Convict

Did anyone else notice the subtle racist, phallic undertones? Black-clad gits firing a black cannon from a black vehicle, and penetrating a white van thoroughly with a huge missile full of fluid?

Fair sized old lump to pull around and how many of those bottles would you get in each pouch on your webbing?

The test on the blockwork while looking impressive doesn't really simulate the probable scenario that it would come up against. First of all, brickwork is a lot smaller and tied in with more mortar. A lot of brickwork is also double skinned with an outer layer and an inner layer and insulation in the cavity. It's also tied together at frequent intervals and is also supported by the structure surrounding it that the brickwork itself is supporting. Blockwork as shown in the demo is also likely to have the same factors and if it's external will probably have a couple of coats of rendering on it and perhaps some pebbledash making it even harder. Blockwork sometimes is also built as a 9" thick wall making it even more of a barrier.

Frankly, I have doubts that it would destroy anything much more than the single skinned stand alone kind of structure that is demonstrated. That said, there are many parts of the world where buildings are not built to the same standards as they are in the UK so it may well be useful in those places and the ability to punch through the side of a van seemed to work well.

So when the hostage negotiator says on the phone to the hostage taker "are you wearing your swimming trunks", he can expect a bit of a splash!

Did anyone else notice the subtle racist, phallic undertones? Black-clad gits firing a black cannon from a black vehicle, and penetrating a white van thoroughly with a huge missile full of fluid?
Actually I think that was just you.

You need help!