Watchout watchout

Discussion in 'RLC' started by General Melchett, Apr 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

It has come to my attention the powers that be, and I don't mean the mods, like to check up on what is being said within the forum.

They even think they know who you all are. :twisted:
  2. Well done trigger.

Only about 2 years behind and repeating what is public knowledge, but accurate never the less

Not Int Corps by any chance?
  3. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Don't like your tone Sir!!

Int Corps? This is the RLC bit.

For "powers that be" read CO's. The members of the RLC forum it affects will know what I'm on about. OK?
  4. They think????

Whatever next, Career management? Who cares what they read? Sod 'em!
  5. They should be pleased some of us are still serving, or we would be naming names and shaming the sh1ts.
  6. I no longer serve...and I have a list....

Oh - Its a shopping list

"Coming dear, just finishing the washing up."

"Computer/Internet? no dear, I'm in the Kitchen."

"Cup of Tea, Coming right up."

(World domination will have to wait)
  7. Frankly if the CO hasn't worked out who some of are he doesn't deserve to be CO!

I make no secret of my interest in this website and those who contribute. I gleefully recommend it to those that need to be told (and a few beers later just tell 'em myself with a good prod and poor promotion to follow!) :oops: .

This is where the continuous attitude survey should be online :idea:
  8. Checking up on ARRSE is a lot quicker than actually having to speak to the peasants[hr]soldiers :D
  9. Hi Melch - Who cares anyway? we all come on here for the craic, which in the modern Army may be seen as morale so we will have to watch that one, other than that what are we doing wrong
  10. If these people don't know promotion dates, when MPAs / OJARs are due, which Officers are shagging their Staffies, how shit some of their golden children really are, then how are they supposed to know who we are?

They should concern themselves, in the first instance, with issues like retention, career development, the standard of food and accomodation on camp.
  11. Apparently the concern is that we may be having a pop at the wedge!

Who, us?
  12. On the basis that COs are members of the military community as well, I hope most would want to contribute/get involved with ARRSE in a positive manner. I suspect most would/do. Is there a danger that a negative minority are getting the positive majority a bad rep?
  13. Good deception plan abacus! Clearly YOU are a CO / SO1 if you think the majority is positive.
  14. I wish. For both my status and the desired end-state for the majority. All I can tell you is that most of my posts will clearly identify me to anyone senior(ish) in my Bde area and most of my Officers, Instructors and students (there's me identifying myself again) know who I am. In fact, several use this means to communicate and don't seem worried that I know who they are, why should they?

Feel free to PM me if you want chapter and verse on Abacus' true identity, I only maintain this public-forum-anonymity because it is an arrse convention. And if I ever do make the lofty heights of Lt Col I intend continuing to use arrse and I hope the COs (arrse type) and MODs will continue to accept my comments as a positive contribution.