Watchkeeper Model Kit

Has anybody seen, or know of, a model kit of the Watchkeeper UAV? I'd like to get hold of one as a gift for my son. He was always a keen modeller when young and has recently passed out of phase 2 as an Avionics Tech; he's on his way to Larkhill in the new year. I've seen a MQ-9 Reaper on Amazon, but it's no longer available (I imagine they didn't get many takers for it). Any help will be appreciated.

Has anybody seen, or know of, a model kit of the Watchkeeper UAV? I'd like to get hold of one as a gift for my son. He was always a keen modeller when young and has recently passed out of phase 2 as an Avionics Tech; he's on his way to Larkhill in the new year. I've seen a MQ-9 Reaper on Amazon, but it's no longer available (I imagine they didn't get many takers for it). Any help will be appreciated.
Long shot but worth a try - contact Thales at the bottom of this page with your enquiry. They may know of any planned models as makers would presumably approach them for info.

https://www.thalesgroup.com/en/global/about-us

Actually, scrub that. Try this instead. Contact details bottom right.

https://www.thalesgroup.com/en/global/activities/defence/unmanned-aerial-vehicles-systems/watchkeeper-x

The brochure is just a two page overview of the UAV.

Slime

LE
Is this 1:48 kit any good?
F645F07A-6D57-4252-8FF5-FCFFF0DF313C.png

Slime

LE
Hmm, maybe, I was hoping for one with UK markings etc. but if push come to shove I'll go for that. Cheers.
Maybe one of the ARRSE modellers could print you some U.K. markings with printable decal paper.

Slime

LE
Ready made item.

I have no idea on the price of this one.
CE06C0F5-2C64-4378-838A-EE1E90E3AD27.png

HE117

LE
I thought you were looking for a lot of randomly dressed officers drinking tea in a tent somewhere...

I thought you were looking for a lot of randomly dressed officers drinking tea in a tent somewhere...
Similar thought, but involved officers in a nattily furnished cellar office........with a coffee maker balanced on a filing cabinet.

Just done a search using my US-Google Fu and found that Revell do a Reaper in 1/48 scale.

Last edited:
Long shot but worth a try - contact Thales at the bottom of this page with your enquiry. They may know of any planned models as makers would presumably approach them for info.

About Us | Thales Group

Actually, scrub that. Try this instead. Contact details bottom right.

Watchkeeper X | Thales Group

The brochure is just a two page overview of the UAV.
Contacted their marketing guy, he told me they only have pre-made 1/25 scale models for £150! I think I'll leave that one.

Similar thought, but involved officers in a nattily furnished cellar office........with a coffee maker balanced on a filing cabinet.

Just done a search using my US-Google Fu and found that Revell do a Reaper in 1/48 scale.
I've seen that one and might try it a a last resort, although most retailers don't seem to have it in stock any more.

HE117

LE
I do seem to remember a female watchkeeper who looked very good modelling her kit. No pictures available.
Steady Bob... did you take your pills this morning?

You might find some useful pictures for your model and diorama in this apparently declassified accident report. Page 22 onwards.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/545489/20160727_-_WK031_-_RT_Part1.pdf

There is more in this article :)
Description - Think Defence

Latest Threads