Watching streamed Everton matches: cheapest option?

Pa in Law supports Everton (yeah, I know, but wot can a guy do?).

He wants to be able to watch them on TV/PC whatever, but doesn't want all the cost of a Sky sports subscription, for sports and matches he'll never ever watch.

I'm wondering if there's any better alternative than NOW TV.

Any serious advice gratefully received.

Last edited:
PA in Law supports Everton (yeah, I know, but wot can a guy do?).

He wants to be able to watch them on TV/PC whatever, but doesn't want all the cost of a Sky sports subscription, for sports and matches he'll never ever watch.

I'm wondering if there's any better alternative than NOW TV.

Any serious advice gratefully received.
I take it to mean he wants it Free?

You discounted NOW TV. Then you know it's about £15 one-off (to get the device) and you buy the Sports ticket thereafter.

I don't think £7 Day Card or £11 Week Card is too much really.

BUT there are literally thousands of streaming services available, let me know if you want addresses. Problems with them can include crap resolution, freezing, buffering etc and I'm not entirely sure they're legal.

I've recently got NOW TV and really it's quite good, event though I live in an area that's got crap Broadband. I'm still looking for a satellite arrangement (I want to watch German French etc TV). If I happen across anything likely I'll tell you.

I take it to mean he wants it Free?

You discounted NOW TV. Then you know it's about £15 one-off (to get the device) and you buy the Sports ticket thereafter.
I'm looking for the best value, within the constraint of paying no more than is unavoidable.

And I haven't discounted NOW TV: quite the reverse - I'm looking to see if it has any serious competition for Pa In Law's custom.

Glad to hear from anyone who can shine a light.

Shandy123

War Hero
Download kodi, install ukturk. All sports channels are there. And I Mean all

Tell him not to bother,less anguish,he'll thank you at the end of the season.

I thought they were called Everton-nil?

Download kodi, install ukturk. All sports channels are there. And I Mean all
To add to the above, once you do that it will ask you to install the SportsDevil addon.

That, in itself, is safe, but be aware that some streams that use SportsDevil will also need the Plexus addon. The problem with the Plexus addon is that it is peer-to-peer sharing which means you will be uploading the stream as well, meaning that you go from legal streaming without uploading to illegally sharing copyrighted material and, well, we know Sky don't like that sort of thing and are not scared regarding sending the lawyers in.

The solution is not to use Plexus if asked to install it, then you'll stay on the right side of the legal line. You'll still find the streams you want, and you can also do the same with the Bob Unleashed addon, but Sky/BT cannot do a thing about it (at this time. That may change after Brexit if you live in the UK).

I'm obliged for the high-tech advice, but PiL being on the wrong side of 75, and determined to remain firmly on the right side of the law, I don't think the ukturk route is right for him.

I'm obliged for the high-tech advice, but PiL being on the wrong side of 75, and determined to remain firmly on the right side of the law, I don't think the ukturk route is right for him.
And he would be on the "right" side of the law if done the way I said, as the ECJ decreed that "streaming" is perfectly legal as you do not upload anything nor do you keep a permanent copy on whatever device you use to watch the stream.

We have a thread on Kodi, Kodi/Exodus streaming apps , all the info you need is there and questions will be happily answered by myself or others if you wish.

Its a rubbish stream. When i was home in the Summer friends Husband was using it to stream a Spurs match and the quality was shocking
Yes, there's only ever one stream available and the quality is never dependent on your own internet connection or the device you use to stream.

Latest Threads