Watch Gurus - CWC Divers Watch - Owners Reviews

It's likely to be an easy fix such as a dislodged battery. Even if it needs a new movement they are fairly generic and only cost about 30 quid. Any watchmaker can fix it.
Very true and it’s on my list of things to get around to doing. I took it apart hoping it was a loose battery or similar but couldn’t get it to run again.

If anyone is in a similar position ever, the replacement movement is ETA 955.122 which is quite widely available online for £30 to £40 delivered.

Mine has lasted me nearly 20 years of daily wear with no more than battery and seal replacement. I love it.

It's here & looking good. It's still under warranty & I have the paperwork. It's so new the back of the case still has the original clear protective sticker on. The first owner is selling because his wife bought him a Seamaster & would like him to wear that instead. The original strap has been replaced for a black mesh one so I've ordered a Zulu NATO in RN grey which is due any minute.
As the model is called "RN diver's watch" can anyone tell me why the first digits of the number on the back are 0555 (which I understand to mean RM usage), not the 0552 of the RN?

I remember reading on one of the watch forums that all post 93 RN issued watches are 0555. RM issued would be from that stock not separate. The SBS issue was first seen on a 0555 caused the confusion apparently.

What year was yours issued?

My serial number is 039/12, but it was sold by Silvermans in June 2016.

Mine has lasted me nearly 20 years of daily wear with no more than battery and seal replacement. I love it.
Wouldn't you know it, the battery's started to run down. Ah, well. It's in better Nick than I was at that age.

DSC_0140-948x1264.JPG
DSC_0141-948x1264.JPG

Fcuk me, when did you join?
I'm remarkably well preserved (pickled some would say). I meant to say that my watch serial number is 039 /12. My service number is IV.

skid2

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
Finally, having managed to score/ crack the glass on a Tawatec EOD. Which apart from raised eyebrows at replacement battery time when the dame took it in. Worked flawlessly. Kept great time and could be seen under all conditions without lighting the place up.

An excellent watch and gettable for the right money or used to be. Not wishing to wreck anything else I went back to using my Timex.

Until a friend turned up with this. Very readable and incredibly well built. It’s already had 15 odd stone smack it into a hard floor and will probably happen again.

Hmmm, photo not lifting. Have I upset someone?

Finally, having managed to score/ crack the glass on a Tawatec EOD. Which apart from raised eyebrows at replacement battery time when the dame took it in. Worked flawlessly. Kept great time and could be seen under all conditions without lighting the place up.

An excellent watch and gettable for the right money or used to be. Not wishing to wreck anything else I went back to using my Timex.

Until a friend turned up with this. Very readable and incredibly well built. It’s already had 15 odd stone smack it into a hard floor and will probably happen again.

Hmmm, photo not lifting. Have I upset someone?
Check photo file size. I forget what the limit is. Use a utility like the excellent Faststone image viewer to resize it to 1MB
or less.