• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

wat is the Best sleeping bag?

But back to thread:

Indoors I use a Arktis Halo 3 Sleeping Bag but the issue one is far too warm.
Outdoors I use the issue sleeping bag - whatever pattern it is.

5.56mm said:
hi guys,
just wondering which sleeping bag you like and use i like the softie 9 and 58 pat on.
How the bloody hell can a cadet afford a softy!? Mine cost me a weeks wages, when I went through basic training!!!

And why is your school closed? My uni's still open.

The issue one is far too bulky to be carried with all the clag you are expected to carry as a commander though it is lovely to sleep in! I have a sofie 12 for winter and softie 6 for summer.

amazing__lobster said:
5.56mm said:
hi guys,
just wondering which sleeping bag you like and use i like the softie 9 and 58 pat on.
How the bloody hell can a cadet afford a softy!? Mine cost me a weeks wages, when I went through basic training!!!

And why is your school closed? My uni's still open.
They've only been back four days and they get another day off, bloody hell, wouldn't have happened in my time (lol).

amazing__lobster said:
Jesus, Bangor won't even close when there is a strike - although I have got four months off for the summer!
Isn't bangor a poor university? Was thinking about going there for chemistry, but decided against it.

Cymru_am_Byth said:
amazing__lobster said:
Jesus, Bangor won't even close when there is a strike - although I have got four months off for the summer!
Isn't bangor a poor university? Was thinking about going there for chemistry, but decided against it.
Depends what subject you come here for - I'm a Psychology student, as I want to become a clinical Psychologist and it's a very good department - We have two journal editors here (I work for one); its within the top five for research - even undergraduates have been know to get published; next year we will have a world leading neuroscience department with the psychologyschool; Dr Giam Thierry, the frenchman from the BBC brain and behaviour programmes is a lecturer here (and the editor of a neuroscience journal); Infact most of the lecturers here are leaders in their fields; and the degree is research based. Even first year undergraduates are expected to design their own experiment - they choose what field they want to research, and design an appropriate study. I'm not sure all universities put that much pressure on their first years.

The uni is also very good for ocean science and, according to my girlfriend, it's within the top 15 (or very close) for languages.

I dunno about chemistry, though.

I turned down Keel and Leicester to come here, too.

Latest Threads