Washington rewrites history

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Feb 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/21/politics/21reclassify.html?hp&ex=1140584400&en=aefb4d8fc1e315bc&ei=5094&partner=homepage

But what is the reason? Probably there is something to hide.

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Who cares, like most secret stuff it's probably dull and boring anyway. Still nothing like a chance to bash them yanks eh Sergey?

3. Ord_Sgt!

Then I see something strange then I try to find logicl explanation. If I'm unable to do it then I ask others. Have you any idea why the telegram (1962) from George F. Kennan, then ambassador to Yugoslavia was classied after being in free access for years? It contains an English translation of a Belgrade newspaper article on China's nuclear weapons program.

4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

No you don’t, you present it in whatever way fits your pre concieved view of the world, in this case bashing America. You then proceed to ignore anything which contradicts that usually ill informed position.

You’re not kidding anyone here, anybody who has remotely followed any of your previous arguments will see that immediately.

As for you last point I refer you to the answer I gave earlier, who cares?

5. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

"Those who control the past, control the future; Those who control the future, control the present; Those who control the present, control the past"
    1984, Orwell.

7. Engee!

As a foreigner I hope you forgive me some (alas!) inevitable mistakes in spelling. Thank you for correction and for your kind remark.

Regards!

8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I'm sure he's not worried about your spelling Sergey. He's probably more interested in pointing out your lack of cognative functions and inabilaty to think logically, hence his 'I doubt you would know logical if it bit your arrse' comment.

But of course you knew that and are trying to distract from it.

9. Sergey, surely a man with your background would be asking 'why hasn't the man who wrote that article had his door kicked in at 3am by a group of wellwishers bearing a new stripey suit with his very own unique number sewn on to it?'

BTW, speaking of prison, how do you feel about some of your past posts on the subject of holocausts now that the nice Mr Irving is gripping the bars? Would you like us to start deleting them for you? :wink:

10. Dear Stikybomb!

The article in NY Times, mentioned by me shows (I haven't another explanation) that there are too many lunatics in Washington (that is a dangerous thing).

Mr.Irving is not nice from my point of view and his right place if rather in lunatic asylum.

As to 'holocausts' then probably you mean this my thread

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=28536/highlight=Holocausts.html

"Late Victorian Holocausts" ?

11. Too many lunatics in Washington? Well thank God Russia/USSR has always had sane, sober leaders like Yeltsin and Stalin!

And of course, there was NEVER ANY historical revisionism in Russia;

In a Gulag

Prisoner #1: Why are you in here, comrade?

Prisoner #2: I said something nasty about Comrade Kamarov in 1953. And you?

Prisoner #1: I said something NICE about Comrade Kamarov in 1954? What about you?

Prisoner #3: I AM Comrade Kamarov!

12. Well, actually no; I was obviously too busy in December to notice that one so thanks for the entertaining yet sadly predictable read. I meant your comments on the David Irving thread but I was amused to note that I am not the only one to exhort you to declare your point instead of crashing about in the undergrowth of revisionist history.

By the way, you have thus far failed to respond to GDav's post on that thread; are you unable to counter his argument?

13. Our friend GDav wrote:

Why should I counter his argument? I don't know the right answer, don't know about 'British crimes'. As you can see I used question mark and quote marks in the title. The thread itself is an attempt of discussion to get more information. Nothing above it.

14. Come on guys, lets not slag off sergey because his country has a dodgy past.

It's a bad case of moral relativism. Just because the USSR did bad things, does not mean we should ignore an issue when raised by a Ruskie.

He raises a perfectly valid point (perhaps driven by an agenda?) that it sets a worrying (and illogical to be honest) trend when governments can effectively revise/remove histrorical documents.

15. Andy!

What is you version? Why these old documents are becoming secret after being available for years?

Don't know exactly but something like this was (at least in theory) possible in English history

Prisoner #1: Why are you in here, sir?

Prisoner #2: I said something nasty about sir Richard in 1593. And you?

Prisoner #1: I said something NICE about sir Richard in 1594? What about you?

Prisoner #3: I AM sir Richard!

PS. Kamarov is very unusual surname for Russian.