Washing machine problem.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by chocolate_frog, Sep 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all.

My washing machine has a slight problem. After each wash the little compartment, in the drawer, for softener is ALWAYS full of water (no softenener though).

It never used to do that.

I have taken the drawer out and given it a scrub, but can´t seem to make it empty.

Any ideas?

2. There are little tube like parts of the drawer that clogged up. Use a cottonbud, or something like that the clean these areas and you should sort the problem. I had the same issue a while back.

3. What make is it?

4. I think the cottonbud was Johnson & Johnson? "A family Company" ;)

5. I think you can now get any kind of make of cotton bud, like tescos own for instance.

6. It's SC Johnson that is the family company, not J&J...

Coat? Hat? Taxi? MOVE!

7. Try not to let it keep you awake at night, the thought of some pikey cnut climbing through your back window to rape the missus, should be enough to keep you awake

8. acl

acl Old-Salt

After cleaning it, if it doesn't improve, then it won't. In this case try lifting the filter tray of the softener drawer for the clogged water to run down inside the machine. I'm afraid you'll have to do this everytime you're doing your washing.
    Mine does the same and it's only 6 months old. Must be a fault with some machines.

9. Can none of you you saddoes find a woman to do your laundry for you?
    Just reading this thread has fractionally diminished my hetrocity.

10. If it's only six months old, how come you haven't slung it back at the shop. Surely it must have come with a guarantee. :?

11. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

If you're in a hard water area, the calcium in the water mixed with the softener will have filled the pipes from the drawer to the tub with slimy gunk and worse. A strip down and clean out of all the pipes is the only alternative (other than a new machine). Happens to all machines eventually, just happens quicker in hard water area. Get a spanner-friendly mate to have a go if you're not hetero enough to dismantle a washing machine yourself.

DON'T buy Calgon or any shit like that. Doing a wash a day, the price of a calgon tablet per wash adds up to the cost of a brand new washing machine in less than 2 years - before the warranty has even run out on your current new one!

Or just burn the house down, and phone the insurance. Then slap her for ruining your machine.

12. STOP !!!!!

It isn't soap, it's obviously spunk from your wank sock

13. In the words of Victor Meldrew...... "I DON'T BELIEVE IT!"

Some laundry advice from ARRSE!!
    Just wondering since the weather is changing, and I change from sandals to high heels any advice if I get a ladder in my stocking??

Edited to add: Smudge, you answered this - you should be ashamed. Go and stand in the corner for a full two minutes young man! :wink:

14. Do you really wear stockings, with sussies and all. You sexy little minx you.

15. yes......yes she does ;)