• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Washing machine problem.

Hi all.

My washing machine has a slight problem. After each wash the little compartment, in the drawer, for softener is ALWAYS full of water (no softenener though).

It never used to do that.

I have taken the drawer out and given it a scrub, but can´t seem to make it empty.

Any ideas?

There are little tube like parts of the drawer that clogged up. Use a cottonbud, or something like that the clean these areas and you should sort the problem. I had the same issue a while back.

I think the cottonbud was Johnson & Johnson? "A family Company" ;)

smudge67 said:
I think the cottonbud was Johnson & Johnson? "A family Company" ;)
I think you can now get any kind of make of cotton bud, like tescos own for instance.

Try not to let it keep you awake at night, the thought of some pikey cnut climbing through your back window to rape the missus, should be enough to keep you awake

acl

Old-Salt
After cleaning it, if it doesn't improve, then it won't. In this case try lifting the filter tray of the softener drawer for the clogged water to run down inside the machine. I'm afraid you'll have to do this everytime you're doing your washing.
Mine does the same and it's only 6 months old. Must be a fault with some machines.

Can none of you you saddoes find a woman to do your laundry for you?
Just reading this thread has fractionally diminished my hetrocity.

acl1981 said:
After cleaning it, if it doesn't improve, then it won't. In this case try lifting the filter tray of the softener drawer for the clogged water to run down inside the machine. I'm afraid you'll have to do this everytime you're doing your washing.
Mine does the same and it's only 6 months old. Must be a fault with some machines.
If it's only six months old, how come you haven't slung it back at the shop. Surely it must have come with a guarantee. :?

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
If you're in a hard water area, the calcium in the water mixed with the softener will have filled the pipes from the drawer to the tub with slimy gunk and worse. A strip down and clean out of all the pipes is the only alternative (other than a new machine). Happens to all machines eventually, just happens quicker in hard water area. Get a spanner-friendly mate to have a go if you're not hetero enough to dismantle a washing machine yourself.

DON'T buy Calgon or any shit like that. Doing a wash a day, the price of a calgon tablet per wash adds up to the cost of a brand new washing machine in less than 2 years - before the warranty has even run out on your current new one!

Or just burn the house down, and phone the insurance. Then slap her for ruining your machine.

In the words of Victor Meldrew...... "I DON'T BELIEVE IT!"

Some laundry advice from ARRSE!!
Just wondering since the weather is changing, and I change from sandals to high heels any advice if I get a ladder in my stocking??

Edited to add: Smudge, you answered this - you should be ashamed. Go and stand in the corner for a full two minutes young man! :wink:

Wishful_Thinking said:

Just wondering since the weather is changing, and I change from sandals to high heels any advice if I get a ladder in my stocking??

Edited to add: Smudge, you answered this - you should be ashamed. Go and stand in the corner for a full two minutes young man! :wink:
Do you really wear stockings, with sussies and all. You sexy little minx you.

Mitchthebar said:
Wishful_Thinking said:

yes......yes she does ;)

Buy a can of compressed air, find small pipes, etc and blast through until air passes cleanly. My WIFE is responsible for this at home as she uses far too much soap/detergent than required! excess sope and softner just gum up the pipes and every 3 months or so I end up overhauling the machine, I'm convinced she wants a new one, but its german and built like a tank and has a reputation for 20 years plus use so no chance yet!

WhiteHorse said:
Buy a can of compressed air, find small pipes, etc and blast through until air passes cleanly. My WIFE is responsible for this at home as she uses far too much soap/detergent than required! excess sope and softner just gum up the pipes and every 3 months or so I end up overhauling the machine, I'm convinced she wants a new one, but its german and built like a tank and has a reputation for 20 years plus use so no chance yet!
The wife?? Or the appliance?? ;)

Mitchthebar said:
Wishful_Thinking said:

Only for Smudge :wink: :lol:

Mitchthebar said:
Don't get too excited mate, the firm she gets her fishnets from are more used to doing business with trawlermen.

smudge67 said:
WhiteHorse said:
The wife?? Or the appliance?? ;)
haha,, no Mrs WH is over 20 :wink: