Washing combat vest?

Hi folks

Have picked up a used vest for my lad but i'm not sure on the correct way of cleaning it.(smells like sh*t or mouldy)

Will it be safe to just chuck in the washing machine or do i need to clean it in a special manner?

I have tried searching but couldn't find any previous posts on this matter so your advice would be much appreciated.

MadBiker said:
Hi folks

Have picked up a used vest for my lad but i'm not sure on the correct way of cleaning it.(smells like sh*t or mouldy)

Will it be safe to just chuck in the washing machine or do i need to clean it in a special manner?

I have tried searching but couldn't find any previous posts on this matter so your advice would be much appreciated.
Get it in the washer, no worries, I deliberately wash my pouches to fade them.

Thanks for your help frigate

I'll chuck it in the wash next load lol

Use Nikwax tech wash. It'll keep the colour, loose the smell and, perhaps less importantly, will keep all IRR properties.

G

GLESGA-NED

frigate23 said:
MadBiker said:
Hi folks

Get it in the washer, no worries, I deliberately wash my pouches to fade them.
Sprog :p Sorry had to.

Shove it the machine, just don't boil wash it.

I wouldn't bother using any detergent if I were you.