Washer jet not spraying

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by REMEbrat, Jan 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The drivers side washer jet on my wifes Clio is not spraying any water when she tries to wash the windscreen. The passenger side is working fine so we presume its a problem with the pipe. How can we check this ourselves without, hopefully, pulling too much apart.
    Strangely enough the car passed its MoT no problem only a fornight ago despite having had this problem for the last 6 months!

2. This better not be a Wah...

Feel the pipes, make sure they are not frozen. Pul pipe off the back of the nozzel and see if water flows, if it does the nozzel is at fault, if not its the pipe!

3. Cow

Cow LE

Push a pin into the washer jet, it's probably blocked if the other is working.

4. squeekingsapper

squeekingsapper LE Reviewer

Try put a pin or sewing needle down the holes to see if they are blocked or frozen. then check to see if the pipe is attached and then check the pipe to see if it is clogged up.

As far as I am aware it is not a requirement to check them on an MOT, hence it was not checked, however I used to have an old range rover that failed once as the steering was to heavy, so I drove it away for half an hour, took it back and it passed.

5. i had the same problem on my old Merc, i just got some air duster from work and blew the jet through, starting from about 3cm from the jet as not to blast the pipe off the inside and creating more work.

6. put an egg into your fuel tank, im sure someone told me that works or something. I might be wrong.

7. If your wife tried using them when frozen, they burst pipes (Ford are prone to this as I discovered when I owned one, the shop assistent said "don't use the de-icer jets WHEN FROSTY")

8. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Egg is for leaking radiators. Use a pin in the nozzel. BUT be sure to then check the nozzel alignment and adjust with the pin if it is wrong.

9. Poached lightly works best. With bacon obviously.

10. Call the AA and eat the poached egg, bacon an extra.

11. Doesn't the egg need to be inside a chicken, which is inside a turkey, which is inside a hippo? Or is that a Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall recipe? Either way, I've seen his programme and there's nowt wrong with his washer jets, so there must be something in it.

12. First thing she tried! It probably is a split in the pipe somewhere but I was just checking.

13. have u checked if there is any water in the tank?

14. It wouldn't be coming out of the nearside jet if the tank was empty!

DHOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. wd 40 it and wiggle the pin about

failing that pop the bonnet and get mrs to turn jest on see if any screen fluid moves in the pipr