Was the pin-up boy of Bushs War on Terror assassinated?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by oldbaldy, Aug 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=473037&in_page_id=1770

Conspiracy everywhere!

2. I'm afraid that sums up america in its entirity, I would be inclined to believe every word printed above

3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Looks like the Tilman family are going to have his named dragged up for years. Poor sods.

4. Hopefully they will get a conclusion and bring bush down at the same time

5. Wow. Snipers posn'd behind him shot a 1.5 inch grouping into his forehead. now THAR'S sum SHOOTIN' Boys!!!

6. Utter bow locks. It was an accident. Nothing else. Either that or it was Elvis that did it.

7. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Americans do have this incredible fetish about snipers for some weird reason.....poor training, lack of experience and lying about it is my opinion of the incident.

8. I'm never one for conspiracy theories, but the possibility of such a respected figure of American patriotism speaking out against the war would certainly warrant attention and there is a fair amount of evidence that something sinister has gone on. The US Congress are currently investigating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Tillman

For those of you who are unaware, Pat Tillman was a pro American football player who in 2002 turned down a multi-million dollar contract and gave up his sport to enlist in the US army and serve his country. A thoroughly good bloke in other words.

9. I do love a good conspiracy theory. I am especially impressed with the way that the US government can make Tillmans entire platoon (including his own brother) lie to cover up the fact that he was "murdered" by some ninja (or quite possibly Elvis, BuckFelize raises a good point). Even more impressive is the fact that the Pl Comd and another soldier both agreed to take a bullet to make it look even more real.

Extracts from the sworn statements of other soldiers there on the day are included in this article.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A35717-2004Dec4.html

10. It's a shame that this guy won't ever truly get the respect he deserves and have nis name used in all sorts of bizarre agendas.

He died in an FF incident that if anyone that has served a day on any kind of combat unit would know how extremely unlikely it would be for someone to target another person specifically in a low light environment at night in a chaotic combat environment. They would have had to take out most of the platoon to ensure they got the guy they were after.

It's a regretful accident and nothing more.

11. The same government who are accused on a regular basis of being grossly inept in management of the Iraq war/war on terror etc, or to put it in layman's terms they "couldn't run a p!ss up in a brewery"