Was my mobile phone "hacked"...?

Or am I just going mad?

A few years ago I was out drinking.
I spotted a pretty girl and started chatting, gave her my mobile phone number. I think we kissed a bit, nothing more.
I'll call the girl "Jane".

I got home a few hours later.
Housemate said someone had phoned our landline asking if "Jane" was there...

Housemate hadn't been out with me and didn't know anything about who I'd been speaking to. He told me about the call as soon as I got in.

I didn't get "Jane's" number and never saw her again.

Am I missing an obvious explanation here?

Another strange event occurred about the same time.

I got a call from another girl "Sarah", I'd met when I was out in town drinking. Again, I think we'd kissed at most, hadn't been to her place etc.

Anyway, we'd exchanged mobile phone numbers.

A few days, later I got a call on my mobile phone. Caller came up as "Sarah", so I answered it keenly. Turned out it wasn't her, but in fact my employer's work landline calling me and I didn't want to speak to them! Would not have answered if I had known it was them! I didn't have the employer's number on my phone, so no chance it could have been "swapped" as a joke when my mobile phone was left unattended.

This occurred quite a few years ago, before the days of smart phones. These were just simple mobile phones.

Coincidences? Technical "glitches"?

I was too busy with life to care much at that time, but having developed more of an interest in espionage etc, I'm more curious...

Put the bottle down and go to bed.

The first could be explained by 'Jane' meeting someone after you that pestered her for her phone number. Not wanting to give her own number she maybe gave yours.

The second one is odd though, are you sure the caller id showed Sarah?

Option 1 your drinking buddies phoned your house to see if she went back with you or other wind up., At a Later date some comedian added works details to your phone with a gag name possibly because you spent a day talking about her.

Option 2 GCHQ for some reason and presumably with feck all important to do has hacked your phone on 2 occasions and changed details or made crank calls.

images.jpg

Are all people called 'Spider' mongs?

Why, yes. It seems they are

Your phone wasn't hacked. You gave out your number to, let's call him Bob. Now Bob gave your number to , let's call him Eric, Eric who has a contact with business interests and he gave them, let's call them Acme Products, and Acme Products phoned, it popped up as Bob and you answered. Bet they phone back as they might get "Click throughs" from lots of Bobs and Erics. Quite a few years ago. Hmm! Why didn't you ask then? :cool:

@Red_Spider Self medication is not a good Idea, seek professional help.

Or am I just going mad?

A few years ago I was out drinking.
I spotted a pretty girl and started chatting, gave her my mobile phone number. I think we kissed a bit, nothing more.
I'll call the girl "Jane".

I got home a few hours later.
Housemate said someone had phoned our landline asking if "Jane" was there...

Housemate hadn't been out with me and didn't know anything about who I'd been speaking to. He told me about the call as soon as I got in.

I didn't get "Jane's" number and never saw her again.

Am I missing an obvious explanation here?

Another strange event occurred about the same time.

I got a call from another girl "Sarah", I'd met when I was out in town drinking. Again, I think we'd kissed at most, hadn't been to her place etc.

Anyway, we'd exchanged mobile phone numbers.

A few days, later I got a call on my mobile phone. Caller came up as "Sarah", so I answered it keenly. Turned out it wasn't her, but in fact my employer's work landline calling me and I didn't want to speak to them! Would not have answered if I had known it was them! I didn't have the employer's number on my phone, so no chance it could have been "swapped" as a joke when my mobile phone was left unattended.

This occurred quite a few years ago, before the days of smart phones. These were just simple mobile phones.

Coincidences? Technical "glitches"?

I was too busy with life to care much at that time, but having developed more of an interest in espionage etc, I'm more curious...
This occurred quite a few years ago, before the days of smart phones.
I think you need to get out more.

A friend of yours has shagged a Kangarillapig.
Not wanting her too get in touch because he went bareback and filled her chuff with his DNA, he's given her YOUR details, name, contact number etc.

Her friends and her were calling as there is now a rugrat in play and she wants her maintenance money.