Was it worth it?...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Feb 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Since 1994 the United States military has dismissed 10,000 service members for being Gay. One can reasonably assume that they were more than adequate soldiers, sailors and air force personnel. The cost to the government to recruit and train replacements has been $ 200 million.

Is it true that Britain has dropped the exclusion policy [ 5 years ago?] and now hunts for recruits in the gay community?

waiting for the tirades..thank you...

2. It is now perfictly acceptable to be gay (at least in the legal sense) in the British Army and has been for about 4 years.

Don't know about adverts in hoop lover's monthly or whatever but the RAF did take part in a Gay Pride Parade in Manchester. :? But then they've always been proud to be different

3. I thought it was a requirement for the British Army. Does it give you extra points toward promotion?

4. Great quote from the movie "Stripes"

US NCO to Bill Murry: Are either of you Homosexual?

Bill Murry: No but we're ready to learn

5. Only if you push back and reach around :wink:

6. It is, but only for American Liason Officers. Apparently it serves them well to "go native"

7. J_D

J_D LE

All armed forces it is legal to be homosexual now. The contract changed 3 or 4 yrs ago. But people who signed the contract that they weren't "gay" then it still stuck.

Annoying all the crappy rules huh

8. ROFLMAO!!! It's all there - words, punctuation etc etc - it just doesn't make any sense!! :D

9. Did you have a bad experience corps?

Wanna share it with the group?

:lol:

10. Thats what corpse said before just prior to getting entered by 6 'butch bikers' from San Fransisco. He's gayer than McGay.

If that was the case, corpse, you would have been a ten star General?

11. When I joined it was still an offence to be homosexual, now it is permissible. I am glad I left before it was made compulsory

12. No Oz, no experiences with this at all. Using MDN and Aunty as reference, I assumed it was mandatory.

Flash, keep talking trash and I'll publish the tache pic. :wink: :lol:

EDIT:

Nevermind, I'll publish it anyway!
    [​IMG]

13. How'd ye ken Auld McGay :?:

14. [​IMG]

I thought this was him with his bird

:lol: :lol: :lol:

15. If you want an idea of what Flash's bird looks like, picture John Inman's ballsack after a night at the bath house. :wink: