Was it bust?

#2
i was getting worried there, i even did a patheticly stupid thing to try and find out what happened.........................

................... registered on e-goat :oops:
 
#3
#5
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Was it just me or did the site go down for a few hours?
As did RP and RR.

Laugh? I didn't.

DrS. I told E-Goat. Ner ner ne ner ner.
 
#6
I assume a problem with the host's network. Seems OK now, so we'll accept it as 'one a dem tings'. How's that for proactive site management?
 
#7
Just posted this on my "Pages slow to load" thread:

bovvy said:
Just an update ....... in case anyone's interested? :roll: The problem above might have been a precursor to last night; arrse wouldn't load at all. Between 1945hrs? and midnight (ish), if I tried to load arrse, I got a message akin to "Safari could not load page ........ cannot connect to the server www.arrse.co.uk" and "Sarfari could not load page ...... because the server has stopped responding". I became a bit like a terrier with a bone and tried (as an experiment) Rearparty and Rumration and got the same, though, I was able to load those around midnight. Other websites seemed OK. I emptied cache and deleted history etc. As you can see, I'm able to load arrse this morning ... (and my IP address has not changed since last night) although it is still intermittently slow. I'm thinking the problem might be my end. :? ......... especially in view of the fact that my central heating programmer has also died. :x I'm wondering what will be next. 8O
Ahaaaaaaaa! :idea:
 
#9
bovvy said:
Just posted this on my "Pages slow to load" thread:

bovvy said:
Just an update ....... in case anyone's interested? :roll: The problem above might have been a precursor to last night; arrse wouldn't load at all. Between 1945hrs? and midnight (ish), if I tried to load arrse, I got a message akin to "Safari could not load page ........ cannot connect to the server www.arrse.co.uk" and "Sarfari could not load page ...... because the server has stopped responding". I became a bit like a terrier with a bone and tried (as an experiment) Rearparty and Rumration and got the same, though, I was able to load those around midnight. Other websites seemed OK. I emptied cache and deleted history etc. As you can see, I'm able to load arrse this morning ... (and my IP address has not changed since last night) although it is still intermittently slow. I'm thinking the problem might be my end. :? ......... especially in view of the fact that my central heating programmer has also died. :x I'm wondering what will be next. 8O
Ahaaaaaaaa! :idea:

Have you been posting on those conspiracy sites again?
Better have a word with Frenchperson, shattered_light and all their mates.
They'll have a perfectly reasonable explanation for all youe electrical trouble.
 
#11
As a note, I have tried logging into this site using Safari for the past twenty minutes and am getting chinned off. However I can log in with Camino.


Safari can’t open the page.
Safari can’t open the page “http://www.arrse.co.uk/”. The error was: “bad server response” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1011) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

This is the error message I am getting. I think this is just a problem with Safari as it seems a previous poster had a similar problem. Any ideas why, when Safari has worked all day and is logging into other sites fine, that at a certain time in the evening it will not allow when other internet access tools are happily working?
 
#12
Joker said:
As a note, I have tried logging into this site using Safari for the past twenty minutes and am getting chinned off. However I can log in with Camino.


Safari can’t open the page.
Safari can’t open the page “http://www.arrse.co.uk/”. The error was: “bad server response” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1011) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

This is the error message I am getting. I think this is just a problem with Safari as it seems a previous poster had a similar problem. Any ideas why, when Safari has worked all day and is logging into other sites fine, that at a certain time in the evening it will not allow when other internet access tools are happily working?
Haven't been able to log in using FF or IE for the last 24 hours - downloading and installing Opera worked. However, if I click on Mr Potato Head to take me back to the main page, I'm logged out again.
 
#13
Joker said:
As a note, I have tried logging into this site using Safari for the past twenty minutes and am getting chinned off. However I can log in with Camino.

Safari can’t open the page.
Safari can’t open the page “http://www.arrse.co.uk/”. The error was: “bad server response” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1011) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

This is the error message I am getting. I think this is just a problem with Safari as it seems a previous poster had a similar problem. Any ideas why, when Safari has worked all day and is logging into other sites fine, that at a certain time in the evening it will not allow when other internet access tools are happily working?
I had the same problem with Safari v 3.1 (4525.13) I had to use Firefox to log on. I'm still using FireFox to get on here. So far there is only one other website that I can't get to open with Safari.

At this time it still doen't work here. :?
 
#14
I've posted my "Safari" problems on these threads:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=92185.html
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=92246.html
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=92626.html
....... in addition to this one.

........ most recently:

bovvy said:
I had this same problem thismorning:
EX_STAB said:
While you're testing, is there a reason why the "newposts" search facility seems to have fallen over this morning? Apparently there are "no new posts" (even though there are!)
I addition, I had this, when trying to load the homepage:

Safari can’t open the page “http://www.arrse.co.uk/”. The error was: “cannot decode raw data” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1015) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

.......... which is why I was trying "newest posts".

But, what appears to be really bizarre, is that I AM BANNED FROM REARPARTY.......... FFS!!!!!! 8O :roll: :lol: As from last night, when I clicked on it, I have had this message:

Unknown user-agent
You are banned from this site due to a(sic) unknown user-agent.
[ Go Back ]

I have never posted on Rearparty and only had a squint at the threads a couple of times ....... so I've as much chance of grieving the loss of this experience as I have of fcuking the Pope!!!!! But it makes me curious why I'm banned. 8O And, in view of Murphy's post:

Murphy_Slaw said:
bovvy said:
Just posted this on my "Pages slow to load" thread:

bovvy said:
Just an update ....... in case anyone's interested? :roll: The problem above might have been a precursor to last night; arrse wouldn't load at all. Between 1945hrs? and midnight (ish), if I tried to load arrse, I got a message akin to "Safari could not load page ........ cannot connect to the server www.arrse.co.uk" and "Sarfari could not load page ...... because the server has stopped responding". I became a bit like a terrier with a bone and tried (as an experiment) Rearparty and Rumration and got the same, though, I was able to load those around midnight. Other websites seemed OK. I emptied cache and deleted history etc. As you can see, I'm able to load arrse this morning ... (and my IP address has not changed since last night) although it is still intermittently slow. I'm thinking the problem might be my end. :? ......... especially in view of the fact that my central heating programmer has also died. :x I'm wondering what will be next. 8O
Ahaaaaaaaa! :idea:

Have you been posting on those conspiracy sites again?
Better have a word with Frenchperson, shattered_light and all their mates.
They'll have a perfectly reasonable explanation for all youe electrical trouble.
.......... I'm checking my stock of tinfoil.
The current situation is that I cannot (initially) load the homepage from "history" or "favourites", but am able to load a thread URL already in "history". Having loaded a thread, I have no problem loading the homepage from the Arrse menu tabs. Having done that, subsequent loading of the homepage from "history" is no problem. Does that make sense?

This continues intermittently, with the delay being quite prolongued on occasions:

bovvy said:
My problem is that arrse pages have started to take a while to load. In fact, it appears that nothing happens for around six (or more ...... and occasionally less) seconds, then the page seems to load normally once that time has elapsed. I have Mac Leopard and use Safari. Having chosen the URL, the blue indicator moves to cover "http://w" then stops for a slow count of 6. After that, the page seems to load normally....... with the blue indicator moving to the right hand end of the URL.
 
#16
Joker said:
Still not working. Just safari in my case. Random
I don't think it was just your Safari, as mine wasn't working either. Today, is the first session back on this site with the Safari version I listed. I've had no updates, etc. from Apple. The other site I mentioned will still not load. With it I get the 'Unknown user-agent' message. :roll:
 

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top