Was I wrong

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by oldbaldy, Nov 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I'm a member of a band message board.
    On there a chap asked for a recording of the last post. He got it but an idiot decided it would be funny to post a picture of the sign at Lands End & asked if that would do.
    I let them know I wasn't happy.
    Now they aren't happy with me.
    Did I overreact?

2. Are they all dead in pools of their own blood?

That would be over reacting

3. Depends on the band. If it is Slipknot, then you should expect some cr@p. If it is Bucks Fizz, you will have to ask yourself WTF you are doing on there....

4. I saw Bucks fizz 1994 down the Dalklands, they are funny - one guy was completely outta step..... shudder, as a kid I bought one of their singles......omg, suicide squad on meeeeee

5. This is a touch on the vague and pointless side, let's see a link.

6. Depends on context.

If the bloke just asked for a recording of the Last Post, then fair enough. Humour and respect don't have to be contradictory.

If he asked for "a recording of the Last Post because...." then discretion should kick in and your reaction would be correct.

7. Bucks Fizz had one big hit IIRC. Wasn't it the inside of the windscreen of their tour bus?

8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I would think that if a request like that were posted here (ie in the Bar), apart from getting help, you might get a lot worse than a piccie of the
    Land's End sign post.

Just a thought.

9. Yes you did.

It was a clean pun on the words "last post" ffs. It's not like they were disrespectful to some specific person who had the last post played at their funeral.

If you want something offensive, try this http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Jokes.html

10. Again, I wonder, why do the wonderful patons of ARSSE ask sensible questions in the NAAFI thread???

Have you read previous on NAFFI?

My God, I'm sure one day some Crab will come on here telling us his reasons for joining the RAF, and expecting a reasonable response, get one!!!

Please, i know i'm pretty new to ARRSE, but i have had the common curtusy to read back, and loved what i've found.

Please, somebody, return this site to what it was once!!!

11. You've obviously been taking hallucogenic drugs.

12. Yes you big poof post one back of John o grotes and ask him which one really is the last post

13. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Good call, classic counter attack!

14. Seconded.