• By MI6?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lashed up frog driving too fast?

• Dodgy German workmanship on the Merc?

• Total voters
Layman's Terms here...

Money From Civil List in 2003 which is paid by the taxpayer to the monarchy. (Royal's bill)

The real cost of the monarchy, by the time every grant from every department is added together, works out not at £8m but at £35m a year.
..that from the Guardian, oh the scandal. £35m. Travesty!

Money paid by the monarchy to the taxpayer from profit on land owned my the monarchy. (Crown Estate)

Profits of £170.8 million for the year ending March 31, 2003 were announced on Tuesday 8th July, 2003.
..this from the website for the Crown Estate.

In effect the Royals are paying the taxpayer (that's you, you ungrateful lot) £135.8million and increacing each year. How many of you pay that-much into the country?
Spongers? Spongers my arrse.

Civ

Ungratefully? Which planet do you hail from CiG. The last time I checked, HRH and family meant nothing to me or my family. They are a five minute slot on the BBC news, and that's all. They are an outdated, dysfunctional family from Germany. They are not even the rightful heirs to the throne of Britain. And who the fcuk really cares about Di? Her family, yes. The old dears with nothing better to do, yes. But there are other, more important issues in this country and the world to be addressed, then in how a woman on a night out on the piiss in Paris was killed in a car crash.

Hate to burst your bubble Mister Highway but they are not German, they are English, from England. Define dysfunctional, you'll see far more of all-that in the imporverished inner cities and whatever in England.

Just out of curiosity, are you English?

Civ

Civilian_In_Green said:
Layman's Terms here...

Money From Civil List in 2003 which is paid by the taxpayer to the monarchy. (Royal's bill)

The real cost of the monarchy, by the time every grant from every department is added together, works out not at £8m but at £35m a year.
..that from the Guardian, oh the scandal. £35m. Travesty!

Money paid by the monarchy to the taxpayer from profit on land owned my the monarchy. (Crown Estate)

Profits of £170.8 million for the year ending March 31, 2003 were announced on Tuesday 8th July, 2003.
..this from the website for the Crown Estate.

In effect the Royals are paying the taxpayer (that's you, you ungrateful lot) £135.8million and increacing each year. How many of you pay that-much into the country?
Spongers? Spongers my arrse.

Civ
Civ as I feel you are not of sound mind I refuse to labour the point other than to say the reports held and made available re: the monarch and their cash, declared, hidden or other wise, are about as believable as the items I read in the rag press re: WMD.

As to ungrateful, far from it, I am very grateful I don't live on your planet.

And, at the risk of repeating myself, who cares dead, is dead, is dead.

Pope Gunny Highway III said:
Civilian_In_Green said:

Civ
No, I'm a Pakistani, but what has that got to do with it?
It's just that if you live in England some of the money for the roads, hospitals, schools..etc that you use comes from the Queen and as-such she does play a part in your life. A larger part than the few pence a year you pay to her. A far larger part.
How could you be so outraged at the small amount the taxpayers give to her while in the same breath belittling the far-larger about that she pays the the taxpayer?

Makes very little sense..

Regards,

Civ

(Yes, dead is dead, i am aware of that fact. I'm grateful for your highlighting it so eloquently.)

E

error_unknown

Cig

I wish there was a virtual four tonner on this site, so someone could take you round the back of it and bounce your napper off the tailgate.

Volunteers form an orderly queue.

X-Inf

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Civilian_In_Green said:
Hate to burst your bubble Mister Highway but they are not German, they are English, from England. Define dysfunctional, you'll see far more of all-that in the imporverished inner cities and whatever in England.

Civ
I always thought they were meant to be British, even if they all have that funny accent. Queen Elizabath II, or Queen Elizabeth I as she is known up here, has more than one country belonging to her and can also be Queen of Scotland, rule over the Principality of Wales and Province of Northern Ireland whilst remaining slightly attached to Enggggerrrland. 8)

X-Inf said:
Civilian_In_Green said:
Hate to burst your bubble Mister Highway but they are not German, they are English, from England.
So Phil the Greek is so-called because he came from London, then?

Earl Mountbatten didn't really start out as a Battenburg (in Germany), then, Prince Albert wasn't German at all, and the family wasn't actually called Saxe-Coburg originally?

Thanks for clearing that up for us, CIG.

Who cares.

We all swear allegiance to Betty ( remember attestation? ) and any Squaddy that slags her off is a traitor and should be burned at the stake like the Papist heretic they are.

And as for Di, what a shame, all that time in the gym just wasted.

Latest Threads