Was Bercow out of order and should he be replaced?

Was Bercow out of order and should he be replaced?

• Yes.

Votes: 309 79.4%
  • No.

Votes: 50 12.9%
  • Not fussed either way.

Votes: 30 7.7%

• Total voters

no f in beer

War Hero
Bercow moving to Labour can only damage them further

were that possible

Bercow should have been given a peerage. It was a petty move to snub him and showed the government up as a big fan of cronyism.

The message is that if the speaker of the house acts independently, incidentally as he or she actually should do, and the government doesn’t like it, the government will penalise the speaker by denying him or her, the established convention of elevating them to the House of Lords.

That‘s a signal that the government think Parliament shouldn’t intervene in the business of the executive when that role is in fact precisely what Parliament should be doing!

That’s democracy and something that we all should be signing up for regardless of who we support and vote for in elections.

Would that be the same democracy as the one that came up with a leave majority that he tried to undermine? That democracy?

RTU'd

LE
Bercow would join the SNP if he thought he would get to become a Lord.
He is peed off he did not get to go to the Lords like other ex speakers.
Sorry, John but you are a cnut & your wife's a bit of a dog.

Would that be the same democracy as the one that came up with a leave majority that he tried to undermine? That democracy?

You don’t have much idea about the legal position of referendums and of Parliament do you?!

You don’t have much idea about the legal position of referendums and of Parliament do you?!

Ah, so spending three years trying to overturn a commitment made to honour the result because the bed wetting foot stampers have a strop on about it is OK, and a supposedly impartial speaker getting his beak in there to aid said bed wetters deserves to be rewarded?

Just when I thought you couldn't get any more stupid...

Ah, so spending three years trying to overturn a commitment made to honour the result because the bed wetting foot stampers have a strop on about it is OK, and a supposedly impartial speaker getting his beak in there to aid said bed wetters deserves to be rewarded?

Just when I thought you couldn't get any more stupid...

Look in the mirror!

You're trying hard but failing miserably. We know you and llech battle to understand how democracy works, so ask someone to explain it to you.

You're trying hard but failing miserably. We know you and llech battle to understand how democracy works, so ask someone to explain it to you.
You'd have a better chance trying to teach a goldfish about quantum physics than trying to teach any of those lefty mongs about democracy.

Last edited:

ACAB

LE
The message is that if the speaker of the house acts independently, i
There, you have just summed Bercow up to a tee. He was a Tory, he didn't "act independently" rather he threw his teddy in the corner when the majority voted for Brexit.

Now, go and give your head a wobble.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd personally like to see Bercow chained up in the tower with the Ravens allowed to peck his eyes out.

Obnoxious little s**t that he is. A definite case of small man syndrome.

There, you have just summed Bercow up to a tee. He was a Tory, he didn't "act independently" rather he threw his teddy in the corner when the majority voted for Brexit.

Now, go and give your head a wobble.

PLUS

He also had MPs' expenses stuff incinerated to stop the House authorities investigating further.

He bullied members in sessions, and staff outside.

He ignored his Clerks' advice, then lied.

The peerage for a Speaker comes from a vote in the House. None was proposed. Any other nomination was hardly likely to succeed.

Much, much more than Brexit.

Bercow's announcement was about as unexpected and shocking to me as Paul Burrell's revelation that he was gay.

Paul 'Butch' Burrell's a knobjocky? I never saw that coming

PLUS

He also had MPs' expenses stuff incinerated to stop the House authorities investigating further.

He bullied members in sessions, and staff outside.

He ignored his Clerks' advice, then lied.

The peerage for a Speaker comes from a vote in the House. None was proposed. Any other nomination was hardly likely to succeed.

Much, much more than Brexit.

I know someone who worked closely with Bercow.

This individual is far too professional to indicate his personal feelings, but he got out as soon as he decently could.

His wife – who I saw this morning, in fact – is less discreet !

I know someone who worked closely with Bercow.

This individual is far too professional to indicate his personal feelings, but he got out as soon as he decently could.

His wife – who I saw this morning, in fact – is less discreet !

Delicious irony of the former Clerk of the Commons getting a peerage having been bullied by Bercow. Bercow then changed the job and tried to appoint a know-little (ooh - a pun for friend of Bercow) Aussie but that got the bum's rush.

ACAB

LE
Delicious irony of the former Clerk of the Commons getting a peerage having been bullied by Bercow. Bercow then changed the job and tried to appoint a know-little (ooh - a pun for friend of Bercow) Aussie but that got the bum's rush.
That is the exact reason the little cretin won't get a peerage. Shades of Birds coming home to roost.......