Was Bercow out of order and should he be replaced?

Was Bercow out of order and should he be replaced?

• Yes.

Votes: 297 79.2%
  • No.

Votes: 48 12.8%
  • Not fussed either way.

Votes: 30 8.0%

• Total voters

Chef

LE
I once had the dubious pleasure of seeing Mr Bercow going into the HoC. It was early days for him but already he had a smug smirking grin on a dial that one would never tire of hitting with a variety of implements.

I am so pleased that he is unlikely to go to the Lords. maybe he and Mr Blair can share a Maccy D and complain to each other about their lack of honours.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
The current mathmatics suggest they will get more than a say. Best the 'gov' can do is abstain to weaken the legitimacy od the post.........which could of course, become largely irrelevant if we were to move more rapidly towards a devolved feral system.
I misread your post. I think this is more accurate.

Bercow is in a particularly verbose mood today.
Never mind the Brexit Countdown, I for one can’t wait for him to retire into (hopefully silent) obscurity at the end of the month.
Bring on Lindsay Hoyle!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Bercow is in a particularly verbose mood today.
Never mind the Brexit Countdown, I for one can’t wait for him to retire into (hopefully silent) obscurity at the end of the month.
Bring on Lindsay Hoyle!
Sir Lindsay Hoyle to you young man!

And my choice as Speaker, so going on my current form, he has no chance.

woger wabbit

Old-Salt
Bercow is a horrible little man but, in this case he was right to voice his opinion. The Speaker of the House of Commons is there to ensure the smooth running of Parliament and to offer advice as he sees fit. He has done nothing wrong. It's better to have a Speaker with balls when we are dealing with the likes of Trump.
Voicing an opinion is wrong, he must be impartial at all times

ClentBoy

Old-Salt
Think Bercow may be on a promise with the Hon lady for Yardley after her latest mad peal of wonder in the house at PMQ's just.

woger wabbit

Old-Salt
:eek:
I once had the dubious pleasure of seeing Mr Bercow going into the HoC. It was early days for him but already he had a smug smirking grin on a dial that one would never tire of hitting with a variety of implements.

I am so pleased that he is unlikely to go to the Lords. maybe he and Mr Blair can share a Maccy D and complain to each other about their lack of honours.
Labour and limp dems will put .forward a motion for him to get an honour, :frustrated:

BAA00130-BE54-464C-AB2F-6E73A5A50326.jpeg

Good riddance!

I was watching his tirade against Bridge, where he accused th backbencher of apeaking any old stuff just to raise his profile and be the big man.

The video ought to be added to the dictionary as an example of Projection

ACAB

LE

I had the dubious honour of seeing the, as then, Home Secretary, Ken Clarke walk past NSY. I was surprised how small he was. Oh, and I've never forgiven the twat for the Sheehy Report.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I had the dubious honour of seeing the, as then, Home Secretary, Ken Clarke walk past NSY. I was surprised how small he was. Oh, and I've never forgiven the twat for the Sheehy Report.
I used to work with his son. Who was a nice lad. Clever at his job, and unassuming. I didn't link him to his Dad until a colleague told me.

Latest Threads