Wartime Courage: by Gordon Brown

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Aug 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes, he is at it again and chooses to publish the paperback version of his dribblings on a subject he knows nothing about at the most inappropriate time possible.

Really did think my contempt for this horrible man could get no lower but, once again, he has exceeded my expectations.

But you can pick up one of the (many) remaindered hardback versions for £2.36.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0747596077/?tag=armrumser-21

2. I'd rather wait till I see it in a charity shop - then at least I could be certain I wasn't lining his greasy pockets.

3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I love the reviews - 'This book refused to stay on the nail in the smallest room, despite repeated attempts to keep it there. The perforations are almost none existent making removal of pages difficult. By far the most disconcerting aspect is that if you happen to read a bit, you soon become convinced that it has already been used.'

superb.

4. Agreed. :lol:

5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

bugger... 'You cannot add more than 15 tags per item.'

6. I thought this was quite good in response to the pish drivel review praising the book:

7. Sheer comedy from the advert
    :lol:

8. Just got round to reading all the reviews on the hardback version and the very first review is laughable. Stalin would have been proud.

(Even so, would suggest bucket & mop on standby)

"It is amazing that within what must be an incredibly hectic schedule and
    an all embracing family life, that Gordon Brown has found the time to write this book. Written with heart- felt compassion, Gordon deals with
    the war with the type of humanity and warmth which could be expected from him.

He is clearly very moved by the war and this comes across in the book, compellingly so. What is striking is Gordon's ability to relate to events which happened so many years ago, and his empathy is omnipresent.

In a materialistic world as it is today, the very theme of this book in honouring those who were brave in the Second World War is so telling of Gordon's wider vision of Britain. Those who fought in the war would find it fitting that a Prime Minister remembers their fight and knows the significance of their sacrifice in that it is a society whereby some of the older generation are heroes who are enobled by the writing of this book. "

9. I posted that on the other thread and I'm still trying to get rid of the puke stain on the rug. :roll:

10. Humanity and warmth?! From Cyclops??!

Whatever next :?

11. I thought that the book was going to be a tale of derring do by the PM. How the cruelly disabled PM fought bravely on in the face of all adversity to see off the posh officer types in the General Staff. How he would brook no resistance in committee as he single handedly forced soldiers to pay for their meals. How by sheer oratory alone he inspired the nation to send food parcels to our beleaguered troops outside Stalin.... er I mean Kabul. And how - in his finest hour - he reduced our once great Armed Forces to humilating penury by cutting the ammunition budget. "Never in the field of human conflict was so much harm done to so many by so few".

12. Another book on Courage from a man that has none of his own.

13. Think I`ll give this a miss!!!!!!!