WARSHIP OFFICERS PLEAD GUILTY

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by babiesarm, Sep 11, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does the phrase " BUGGER!" or "sorry , my fault!" sound familiar?
    :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

2. Doh! See what happens, officers, maps.

3. At least they have put up their hands and accepted responsibility. The skipper wasn't even on board when it struck, he arrived a bit after and managed to save the ship which I believe was in real danger of sinking.

If I remember he said at the time that if your ship hits rocks you will face court martial as sure as the sun rises.

Being in charge of an organisation means being responsible for all that goes on...............doesn't it Mr Hoon.

4. Isn't it a tradition of the RN that you 'have' to park your ship on some imovable object before you can be promoted to Admiral. I beleive those captains who lost ships in the Falklands may even have had to go through some formal Enquiry process - one minute you are bobbing along, then oh sh*t, big bang then you didn't have a ship. Fair one, promoted!

5. msr

msr LE

I believe they call it 'running out of sea'

msr

6. In the same way that carrier pilots refer to "unsceduled air to ground interfaces" and we call them crashes

7. I’m absolutely gob smacked. All these officers have been given a slap on the wrists, and allowed to stay in ! The Captain was just reprimanded !!

In my last unit, an AGC Private on duty was approached on a Friday evening by a lance jack who desperately required a travel warrant as a situation has occurred at her parents home. The AGC Private bleeped for the duty officer to authorise the warrant, but couldn’t find him. The Private then wrote out and authorised the warrant himself (a £40 train fare). On the Monday he was haled in front of the Chief Wannker, warned for orders, and the outcome was two months MCTC and kicked out !!

These toss pots caused £42 million in damage !! A reprimanded and kicked off your duties is hardy a punishment.

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Int from the Domestic Sunray (matelot) it was 7 minutes away from going under, several matelots have been nominated for bravery awards, divers and the like, but yes it was 7 minutes from becoming a superb dive site!

9. Ta for the gen-one hell of a dive site indeed, the sea around those parts is seriously deep -apart from the bits that aren't. The trick, apparently, is to be able to tell the difference :lol:

10. Highlight of the day yesterday was the speech given by the Captain after he'd been smacked on the wrist. You'd have thought he and his team had performed a piece of major heroism. Astonishing.

11. Cross-Country running in the Navy--bad idea.

12. Shit happens, often we only find out how good we are when things go wrong. the main thing is we learn from our mistakes.
    Bonus point is nobody died.
    That'll give those ruperts something to talk about over dinner for years to come!