Wars of the Roses ...Clarkson Vs Stuart Hall (81)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Goatman, Jul 19, 2011.

?

BBC move to Salford

Poll closed Aug 21, 2011.
  1. Been there - makes Mogadishu look like Monte Carlo

49 vote(s)
    75.4%
  2. Salford - home of culture and proper beer

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  3. Ahem, with Jezza on this - and I was born there!

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Id rather live on my knees in Salford than stand on my head in Shepherds Bush...

10 vote(s)
    15.4%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

love it when the luvvies start handbagging each other ;-)
    with apologies if this has already appeared and i'm too biff to find it ( I expect Smudge will be along shortly to tell me where he posted it several days ago ...)

Here ,there and everywhere (Silly Season looms)

Octogenarian Stuart Hall fumes:

( Isn't Clarkson a Tyke , educated at Repton College - not a Suv'nor at all ?)

2. JC's from Donny. A reknowned centre of excellence, cosmopolitan city and acknowledged worldwide for being a dump. But he's got a point; Salford's marginally wetter. At least the Beeb didn't inist on moving studios to Cardiff.

3. On the very few occasions I unwittingly stumble upon a Top Gear "programme" the sad,pathetic sycophants in the audience always remind me of those too terrified not to applaud Maggie during Conservative Party Conferences.

I like to think that some posters from here may have been part of Top Gear audiences and could be reading this :)

4. I enjoy Top Gear, and I consider Jezza and his chums to be both funny and entertaining.

Still, he can be a twat sometimes.

5. I agree. People tend to forget, and I think this includes Clarkson himself, that he's an entertainer these days much more so than a journalist. I like Top Gear etc but his pronouncements on various matters are sometimes entertaining and sometimes a bit silly.

6. He's a bit of a tit, but he seems to have made a decent living from it, so fair play to him! Though I know for a fact that his claims of having been expelled from Repton are pure bollocks.

7. Whilst Top Gear is mildly entertaining, the presenters are sometimes dicks. Isnt Clarkson a little too old and ugly to be a Primadonna? If he is trying to jack up his £2m by holding them to ransom, then fuck him. Let him go. There will always be other programs..... And Stuart Hall is a genius.....

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ah fuck it!

I had a nice long rant about Clarkson all written out, but I can't be bothered to post it.
    Suffice to say, he is a twat. An armed forces supporting twat. But still a twat.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fuck's sake. Studied at Salford for three years and found the town to be a shithole. Clarkson writes to entertain and likes getting people to crank up the Outrage Bus. Found it funny, but I come from Manchester anyway. Probably reflects proper poofy Savvanah whinges anyway. End.

10. I always enjoyed Stewart lee's take on the top gear guys...(I like top gear, but he has a point)

11. I also studied at Salford? are you referring to the University of Salford?

12. He's going to quit? I hope so but I doubt it, it's in his style to make these brash and loud statements when he already knows that he is on a solid footing; I suspect he knows that Top Gear, because of it's unique locational requirements, wont be moving.

I think Top gear needs a rethink and that he and his puppet Hammond will not be missed, even though they think they will be.

13. Blimey - alarming levels of consensus on this topic - let's summarise:

> Clarkson is a twat - even though born and bred in Doncaster - he's a soft Suv'nor and knows nowt*
    > Stuart Hall is a legend and should be the next 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car '
    > Salford is indeed the post-industrial sh1t-hole of popular myth and legend
    > the BBC's absurdly expensive relocation Norf of the M40 has bugger-all to do with programme making and everything to do with dark Mandelsonian social engineering and an exercise in corpoate bullshit .

Alles Klaar? Schön, Wo ist der Veltins......

* redeemed in part by A) the fact that he is an original long-term supporter of Help for Heroes ( 'cos his missus is bezzers with Pippa Dannatt) B) he annoys the Green faction c) I suspect he'd be a laugh in the bar

14. What point does the highly unfunny Stewart Lee have to make?

On Richard Hammond's high speed crash - "I wish he had been decapitated and his head had rolled in front of his wife."

On Jeremy Clarkson referring to Gordon Brown as a 'One-eyed Scottish idiot.' - "I hope Jeremy Clarkson's children all go blind."

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy sick, twisted and dark jokes just as much as the next man, but in order to be a joke it has to be in some way amusing, which Stewart Lee just isn't.

15. Doesn't make him wrong though.