Wars of the Roses ...Clarkson Vs Stuart Hall (81)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Goatman, Jul 19, 2011.

BBC move to Salford

Poll closed Aug 21, 2011.
  1. Been there - makes Mogadishu look like Monte Carlo

49 vote(s)
  2. Salford - home of culture and proper beer

1 vote(s)
  3. Ahem, with Jezza on this - and I was born there!

5 vote(s)
  4. Id rather live on my knees in Salford than stand on my head in Shepherds Bush...

10 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

love it when the luvvies start handbagging each other ;-)
    with apologies if this has already appeared and i'm too biff to find it ( I expect Smudge will be along shortly to tell me where he posted it several days ago ...)

Here ,there and everywhere (Silly Season looms)

Octogenarian Stuart Hall fumes:

( Isn't Clarkson a Tyke , educated at Repton College - not a Suv'nor at all ?)
  2. JC's from Donny. A reknowned centre of excellence, cosmopolitan city and acknowledged worldwide for being a dump. But he's got a point; Salford's marginally wetter. At least the Beeb didn't inist on moving studios to Cardiff.
  3. On the very few occasions I unwittingly stumble upon a Top Gear "programme" the sad,pathetic sycophants in the audience always remind me of those too terrified not to applaud Maggie during Conservative Party Conferences.

I like to think that some posters from here may have been part of Top Gear audiences and could be reading this :)
  4. I enjoy Top Gear, and I consider Jezza and his chums to be both funny and entertaining.

Still, he can be a twat sometimes.
  5. I agree. People tend to forget, and I think this includes Clarkson himself, that he's an entertainer these days much more so than a journalist. I like Top Gear etc but his pronouncements on various matters are sometimes entertaining and sometimes a bit silly.
  6. He's a bit of a tit, but he seems to have made a decent living from it, so fair play to him! Though I know for a fact that his claims of having been expelled from Repton are pure bollocks.
  7. Whilst Top Gear is mildly entertaining, the presenters are sometimes dicks. Isnt Clarkson a little too old and ugly to be a Primadonna? If he is trying to jack up his £2m by holding them to ransom, then fuck him. Let him go. There will always be other programs..... And Stuart Hall is a genius.....
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Ah fuck it!

I had a nice long rant about Clarkson all written out, but I can't be bothered to post it.
    Suffice to say, he is a twat. An armed forces supporting twat. But still a twat.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Fuck's sake. Studied at Salford for three years and found the town to be a shithole. Clarkson writes to entertain and likes getting people to crank up the Outrage Bus. Found it funny, but I come from Manchester anyway. Probably reflects proper poofy Savvanah whinges anyway. End.
  10. I always enjoyed Stewart lee's take on the top gear guys...(I like top gear, but he has a point)
  11. I also studied at Salford? are you referring to the University of Salford?
  12. He's going to quit? I hope so but I doubt it, it's in his style to make these brash and loud statements when he already knows that he is on a solid footing; I suspect he knows that Top Gear, because of it's unique locational requirements, wont be moving.

I think Top gear needs a rethink and that he and his puppet Hammond will not be missed, even though they think they will be.
  13. Blimey - alarming levels of consensus on this topic - let's summarise:

> Clarkson is a twat - even though born and bred in Doncaster - he's a soft Suv'nor and knows nowt*
    > Stuart Hall is a legend and should be the next 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car '
    > Salford is indeed the post-industrial sh1t-hole of popular myth and legend
    > the BBC's absurdly expensive relocation Norf of the M40 has bugger-all to do with programme making and everything to do with dark Mandelsonian social engineering and an exercise in corpoate bullshit .

Alles Klaar? Schön, Wo ist der Veltins......

* redeemed in part by A) the fact that he is an original long-term supporter of Help for Heroes ( 'cos his missus is bezzers with Pippa Dannatt) B) he annoys the Green faction c) I suspect he'd be a laugh in the bar
  14. What point does the highly unfunny Stewart Lee have to make?

On Richard Hammond's high speed crash - "I wish he had been decapitated and his head had rolled in front of his wife."

On Jeremy Clarkson referring to Gordon Brown as a 'One-eyed Scottish idiot.' - "I hope Jeremy Clarkson's children all go blind."

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy sick, twisted and dark jokes just as much as the next man, but in order to be a joke it has to be in some way amusing, which Stewart Lee just isn't.
  15. Doesn't make him wrong though.