Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Burgers, Jan 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just read through all the bumf concerning our newest infantry regiment.

Yorkshire Warriors

Warrior's home page

Ummm...anyone else feel uncomfortable with their choice of words?
  2. msr

msr LE

Please can you edit the link so that it works?

3. I'm far less concerned about the barefaced lies that their choice of words convey as I am about the choice of photographs they've used on their home page. The chap in the desert combats aiming his SA80 is actually a Fusilier Pl Sgt from the 1 RRF BG that did Op TELIC 1!!

Nice one.
  4. It's just a picture. Joe Bloggs from the street isn't going to know specifics, all he will see is:

soldier....dpm fatigues.....rifle.....WARRY MAN!!!
  5. yeah but y no cam cream on his arms??

Bad drills
  6. Hmmm, why not write without using text speak?

Poor English.
  7. Burgers,

Agreed, they have been made to sound like a rugby league team, no doubt due to advertising psychology trying to reach out to their recruiting area.

Although it is hugely ironic! as Wigan is in Lancashire.
  8. Here's a more accurate pic:[​IMG]
  9. DUKES have been putting "Yorkshire Warriors" all over their recruiting stuff for years.
  10. Not only is the photo not quite an accurate portrayal of the YORKS, but the photo associated with 'Air Assault' is clearly a Royal Marine with a Sea King...

Edited to add image and amplify bayonet-mouse's point (below) they have airburshed out the fusilier flashes!
  11. Bloody hell! I've only just looked at the Battalions page on the Yorkies website, and not only do they have a Fusilier on their main page, but they've got one standing in for their 2nd Battalion as well!!

If I was in their mob I'd be a bit miffed with their RHQ.
  12. ^^

What PR Tw@t did this?

heads should....
  13. re-baged, re-branded and a complete shoddy mess. Some muppet is really taking the p1ss