Warriors (UN Bosnia Type)

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by WasMe, Jun 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now showing on UKTV Drama

:(

2. Feckin awesome program, unfortunately I can't get UKTV Drama!! Good job I have it on DVD, had to get it from Holland through, why is a BBC made film not on sale here, even from the BBC?

3. Watched it last night; AWESOME. Brilliant piece of drama and harrowing viewing.

4. Never seen the dramatisation, but was lucky enough to work with Maj M*** B**** QGM, who one of the characters is based up on.

A true hero, leader of men, life-long friend and jolly nice chap.

5. Failed to see it AGAIN!!!!! :twisted:

The bit in Liverpool at the beginning...seen it 5 times...but never further, SOMETHING always comes up. 8O

Ok...I fell asleep, but still....... :oops:

Virgin megastore 'ere I come! :wink:

6. you'll be lucky...i believe the only place to get the dvd is online from a distributor in holland

7. oh.... :oops:

mind you, what's another dutch import... :D

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

warriors was most certainly available in the uk on dvd and elsewhere in europe. whether it is still available is doubtful. amazon.co.uk doesn't list it. its US title is Peacemakers (well it was either that or "Bradley" I guess) and amazon.com ain't listing it either.

9. Cheapest and most readily available place I've found to get it is eBay.

Searching warriors and DVD should find it.

10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I assume that the Army must have had quite an imput in this
    Did anyone on this site drive a warrior for the TV company
    Soldier soldier used to use serving personnel as extras L/R drivers etc did the BBC do the same?
    It states that the only filming location was Prague
    Did they not use Germany or the UK for the warrior scenes?
    IIRC it was based on the Cheshire regiments tour is that correct?

Exellant dramt btw thought it gave a good view of the forces

11. The "get your dick out" speech was my answerphone message for months, surely a classic military quote

Trotsky

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Warriors in Poland quite possible, not sure about Prague though

13. It was all filmed in the Czech Republic, one of the advisors, Tudor Ellis, was a Captain with the Cheshires Battle Group. It may have been RGJ who provided the vehicles and drivers. Somewhere I have an article on the making of it. If you look hard enough you will see one of the Warriors is the name Juliet painted on it. This was the name of Lt Col Stewarts Warrior during the tour.

14. yep - the RGJ provided the Warriors and it was filmed in Poland