Warrior to be upgraded at cost of £1 billion to make them fit for purpose until 2040

I'm guessing that they'll end up spending three billion, and then the Warriors will all be scrapped or locked in a shed until they are flogged off abroad.

Well, the venerable 43 has set the bar, and is still nudging it upwards...

Joking apart, if you are leaving or have left the Army check out the Lockheed Martin job page.

Numerous jobs available.

I am thinking of applying for the cleaner but I am not qualified.

And it "also represents a great boost to British industry".

To be honest, I'd rather they thought about a great boost to British Infantry!!

Pah! I upgraded mine to the air defence role back in '93 and for no financial outlay at all:

CIMG1181e.jpg

Judging by the mud on the roof and hatches, I would hazard that he rolled it over/down a hill.

I am surprised that some fun loving squaddies in Catterick or on Salisbury plain did not think to paint a big black letter "F" in front of UN on april the first one year.

I am surprised that some fun loving squaddies in Catterick or on Salisbury plain did not think to paint a big black letter "F" in front of UN on april the first one year.
I know Catterick and certain quaint towns around SPTA are dumps but I'd be surprised to find out the UN had deployed to them recently...

How did you manage that?
Catastrophic failure of the mushroom spacer in the right drive sprocket on the way to Sarajevo airport at about 45mph. Very lucky to get out of it, since we weren't able to get inside the turret.

CIMG1183e.jpg

They'll spend £100000000000 and then sell them to the US for 11p to replace their Bradleys.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
scotscop OTC and ACF 29
Smoke_T_Bigfella REME 9
woopert The Intelligence Cell 8