Warrior to be upgraded at cost of £1 billion to make them fit for purpose until 2040

Discussion in 'Tanks, planes & ships' started by CigarIsland, Oct 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm guessing that they'll end up spending three billion, and then the Warriors will all be scrapped or locked in a shed until they are flogged off abroad.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Well, the venerable 43 has set the bar, and is still nudging it upwards...

3. Joking apart, if you are leaving or have left the Army check out the Lockheed Martin job page.

Numerous jobs available.

I am thinking of applying for the cleaner but I am not qualified.

4. And it "also represents a great boost to British industry".

5. To be honest, I'd rather they thought about a great boost to British Infantry!!

• Like Like x 3
  6. That's way down on the list.

7. We'll still be using them in 2040? Won't they just be like Trigger's broom?

8. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Pah! I upgraded mine to the air defence role back in '93 and for no financial outlay at all:

CIMG1181e.jpg

9. How did you manage that?

10. Judging by the mud on the roof and hatches, I would hazard that he rolled it over/down a hill.

11. Never did like them in white, it looks a fooking mess!!

12. I am surprised that some fun loving squaddies in Catterick or on Salisbury plain did not think to paint a big black letter "F" in front of UN on april the first one year.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Really???? Really?? FFS:crash:

14. I know Catterick and certain quaint towns around SPTA are dumps but I'd be surprised to find out the UN had deployed to them recently...

• Like Like x 3